7800 Gtx 512mb - 7th November

GlimmerMan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gravy will ALWAYS find a way to make ati look bad :lol: anyways, that new 7800gtx "ultra" better show a significant improvement to compete with that x1800xt. otherwise ill probably settle for the x1800xt or a plain 7800gtx.

edit: vpc= vapo chil. in otherwords hook up a phase change cooling system to the gtx "ultra" and overclock it to hell and beyond.

gravy will ALWAYS find a way to make ati look bad :lol: anyways, that new 7800gtx "ultra" better show a significant improvement to compete with that x1800xt. otherwise ill probably settle for the x1800xt or a plain 7800gtx.

571042[/snapback]

if you mean by saying the 550/1800 GTX will stomp the x1800xt........okay....if that makes ATI look bad, then so be it, but every indication is that this is true, and sometimes the truth hurts

just for the record... and for the nvidia fan boys... 512mb = nothing new to gamers :( even in SLI.

also XTPE version of the X1800 is being prepped... 512mb 24 pipelines. even higher clock speeds.

though I have no real issues with either card... again if they're going faster than my eyes can see... I don't give 2 craps about 270fps vs 280fps.

if you mean by saying the 550/1800 GTX will stomp the x1800xt........okay....if that makes ATI look bad, then so be it, but every indication is that this is true, and sometimes the truth hurts

571044[/snapback]

well, what i find sad is that for a 16pipe card, its pretty good performance compared to the 24 pipe card. but either way, either cards will be good, besides most of my games are direct 3d, so im more likely to buy another ati card unless nvidia can take away ati's spot light in direct3d. pretty much my games i buy will influence my next gpu i get. as for now, im happy with my x800xtpe. personally i find the 6800gt a nice card too, i just need to get a silencer for it on my cousins rig.

Guest Flashstar

It seems that having a cooler card with slower clocks and more pipes makes more sense in terms of longevity. I just wish that NVIDIA put more effort into their drivers because even though their cards are great, I feel that the drivers are holding them back.

just for the record...  and for the nvidia fan boys...  512mb = nothing new to gamers :(  even in SLI.

also XTPE version of the X1800 is being prepped...  512mb 24 pipelines.  even higher clock speeds.

though I have no real issues with either card...  again if they're going faster than my eyes can see... I don't give 2 craps about 270fps vs 280fps.

571053[/snapback]

i asked an ATI employee i know on another forum board, and he said:

It may happen but the quantities will be so low it won't really matter.

And sadlly, the r580 is quite awhile away.

just for the record...  and for the nvidia fan boys...  512mb = nothing new to gamers :(  even in SLI.

I don't think the main concern is the amount of memory.

I have heard that the 512MB 7800 will be clocked substantially higher than the current version. 550/900 compaired to 430/600 is a rather significant difference.