Ohhh Btw

Christian3807

Here is my rig I've built by myself....so proud :P Over the past week I've been asking you opinions on different parts.......

Plz Rate My Final Budget Gaming Rig:

Socket 754 Sempron 2800+ 64 1.61 Ghz (O/C'able to 1.9ish stock fan)---

ECS nFORCE3-A MOBO--------------

(Mobo and CPU for $89 :P )

1 GB PC3200 PNY Turbo Memory w/ PNY Heatsink $99

Hitachi 80GB Ultra DMA/100 Hard Drive----$35 after rebate with instant exchange warr.

Emprex Internal COMBO Drive CD-RW/DVD-ROM & 7 in 1 Card Reader---------$39

ATI All-In-Wonder 128MB 9600XT Pro --------------------------- $89.99

Memorex Floppy Drive--------------$15

Genric Beige PC Case <_<-------------$39

Hyundai 17" LCD Monitor 8ms Response--------------$239

Logitech MX500 $15

Counter Strike Anthrology $20 :lol:

Total after tax $675

My stock idle temp is 28c with AS5

Browsing etc. 35c

Gaming(BF2) 39c

I can play BF2, HL2,Doom3,COD,COD2 etc. pretty well

Did I do well for price around $650? Could I have done better for price? :unsure:

And plz rate...

Edited by Christian3807

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering you're including a monitor in your final price, I'd say you did very well for the price. It's somewhat comforting to see there are some people here that don't have to go overboard on everything ;)

I know the CPU and motherboard combo is a good price, but socket 754? Considering that they aren't really going to be making any other socket 754 chips, it may be hard to upgrade later on. Just a thought, then again, I don't know what exactly you will be using it for.

It's somewhat comforting to see there are some people here that don't have to go overboard on everything ;)

570418[/snapback]

and just what is wrong with going overboard on everything? lol :P

As for your rig man it looks ok but I think going s754 now days is a mistake. But in about the only thing I have a real problem with is the ECS mobo. In fact the first thing I would recommend you upgrade whenever you have time is that mobo.

I know the CPU and motherboard combo is a good price, but socket 754? Considering that they aren't really going to be making any other socket 754 chips, it may be hard to upgrade later on.  Just a thought, then again, I don't know what exactly you will be using it for.

570511[/snapback]

he said it's a budget gaming rig, and as such, I doubt he cares much about upgradability in the future

w00t w00t! nice job piecing that 'budget beastie' together Christian' :thumbs-up:

Also mondo congrat's on the choice of the ATI R9600XT and beige coloured case, got 5 myself... beige never goes out of fashion :P (and you can always paint it ;))

Pity about the board being of ECS origin... but hey you canny' beat the price :smack:

Enjoy playing CS Anthrology too! :D

w00t w00t! nice job piecing that 'budget beastie' together Christian'  :thumbs-up:

Also mondo congrat's on the choice of the ATI R9600XT and beige coloured case, got 5 myself... beige never goes out of fashion :P (and you can always paint it ;))

570520[/snapback]

I'd have to say, paint the case. But i don't like beige. Looks good other than that though.

the board is the only thing i hate, a good Epox would have made it a MUCH better system when you got it OCed to 2.4. that's what makes a sempron worht the time, the insane OC with little/no voltage and cool temps.