Pulling Apart Old Computer!

I went to a holloween party last night and this guy i know is moving down south and let me take all his computer that his brother Beat the #$#*^ out of and just throws them outside. so far iv have uncovered 7 computers, 1 intel, 1 AMD. 5 unkown

i thinking of making many Keychains or somthing if they dont work. or get the value of the gold.

does anyone know the Valve out gold in Old Cpus? these things are heavy gold not like a little coat on the new 64's but thick.

last thing so this quick random post. does anyone know the speed of a 1998 AMD Socket 7 K6 chip?

Edit//

All n All, out of 7 computers

2x- No Cpu

2x- Intel pentium MMx

Dual Intel i486 Sx (thats insane Dual Setup for 1989! that must cost $100000)

1x AMD k6 Socket 7

Should be written on the chip...

570031[/snapback]

Nah, you gotta run the stepping through google. It can be hard to see on them so clean it real good and tilt around in light till you find it.

Dual Intel i486 Sx (thats insane Dual Setup for 1989! that must cost $100000)

569726[/snapback]

i woudl bet money it dident cost that much,

iv got a Server with 4xXeon 500Mhz (2Mbs os Cache on each chip) 4Gbs of RAM, a Raid 5 Array with 5 Ulta fast ScSi drives. and 3 redundant hotswappable PSU's. back in its time (1999) it was $40 000. Ill take a pic of the behemoth soon. check for the serial number/stepping codes on teh chip to tell teh speed.

i found out at work today that a dual i486 Sx would easyly run you 5k without a question back in 1989. and he said that he didnt even here about a dual setup around therfore it was a custom board or extreme highly priced.

Edited by hornybluecow