New To Overclocking Help!

ladderman

Looks like you might have a harder time overclocking it because you use jumpers to overclock instead of just changing the fsb in the bios. But first what kind of ram do you have? Also try not to overclock the ram first leave at its stable setting of 2.5. But I really don't how good that board can overclock.

Looks like you might have a harder time overclocking it because you use jumpers to overclock instead of just changing the fsb in the bios. But first what kind of ram do you have? Also try not to overclock the ram first leave at its stable setting of 2.5. But I really don't how good that board can overclock.

569665[/snapback]

The RAM i'm using is pc2100. I thought may have tried to do too much in one go. I shall just try moving the cpu clock up a little instead of pushing it up to the max setting. After doing a little more reading on overclocking I was beging to think along the lines you've commented on. This was just a test run to see if I had any results. I'm building my son a pc for xmas so I thought i'd try and get the feel of how to overclock on my old system. I'm going to use a ASUS A8NSLI Deluxe with a Athlon 64 3200+ cpu and 1GB of good quality RAM and Dual PCI-E Graphic cards, and from what I've read, it's a good MB to overclock. What do you think?

Many thanks for your reply to my problem.