I Think My Heatsink Is A Cpu Killer!

hardnrg

When i moved house i didn't take my heatsinks off and when i set my a64 (neo2 + 3200 winnie) up it wouldn't post/boot... so i had to rma that cpu

Now last night i was moving my computer to the floor below to a party and then back upstairs... i think my beloved 2.92 Ghz 3500+ is DEAD!!!

:(

I've got 3 opterons on the way (i ordered one of them like 3 weeks ago now ffs) so hopefully that will make me feel better...

*cries*

I do a masters in computer games technology (that kinda takes a lot of money AWAY from me) and then i work part-time at an electronics shop (that doesn't sell any decent hardware)..

best thing at my shop is 3000+ winchesters... and they're CBBID :|

basically i spend most of my money on hardware... i haven't bought new clothes/shoes for a long time, i have a bike so i rarely have to pay to get around... and doing a masters means i don't have a lot of time to go out drinking or w/e...

also i'm about $50k in debt in loans lol

after about 30 times of trying to get it to boot, it booted in my neo2 board...

i don't know if it's injured or ok now... i'm gonna set up a new install of xp for my neo2 rig and hopefully it'll be ok again

Oh to be single again and be able to blow an entire paycheck on computer fun stuff.  **sniff**  =*(

569740[/snapback]

Living in an appartment again and not having to feed a house :P

Sorry for your loss hardnrg :(

all is not lost... i've got the 3500 up n running again... i'm just trying to get it back up to full speed... which is proving difficult on the neo2 w/ tt purepower 480... the voltages are all over the place compared to the ultra-d w/ neopower...

having trouble getting 2.7 stable atm.... got a feeling it's a vcore issue though so shouldn't be too hard to get stable and higher... i hope! :D