Sign in to follow this  
bigred

I've Had It

Well I woulda taken 8$, just because its in my field of interest I can always work my way up and if doesn't work out, it doesn't work out no biggy.

What is your job now anyways?

570324[/snapback]

Sorry for interupting but I am going to quote BigRed from the thread right next door. ste...I believe you were involved in this convo. so I really don't know how you've missed it. Here it is---->"now what do I to make money? lets see... I have a server farm that is nothing more than offsite storage for clients... makes 5 figures every month that goes into my bank account... part owner of a dude ranch in colorado... not overly successful but it's a ton of fun, plus I have a nice home to go to on the colorado river... putting together an offroad park / camp ground in georgia... just a small investment there."

Sorry for interupting but I am going to quote BigRed from the thread right next door. ste...I believe you were involved in this convo. so I really don't know how you've missed it. Here it is---->"now what do I to make money? lets see... I have a server farm that is nothing more than offsite storage for clients... makes 5 figures every month that goes into my bank account... part owner of a dude ranch in colorado... not overly successful but it's a ton of fun, plus I have a nice home to go to on the colorado river... putting together an offroad park / camp ground in georgia... just a small investment there."

570407[/snapback]

haha

Well count me in on your pc rescue.

Edited by flareback

I also agree with Red, my biggest problem is once you fix the computer the customer brings in back in a week or two with the exact same problem and then they get upset because you charge them again :angry2:

They make it out that its your fault the computer screws up, well I had Norton on my computer why didn't it stop the spyware :blink:

Well I don't like Antivirus's because they attract Virus's :wacko:

My personal favorite I don't need Antivirus software or spyware programs because all I do is check my email and surf the net :lol:

Yea, and when they use programs like SpyHunter (pay-to-use, self delete, they're scams), and then classy lady at you when they delete themselves and blame you for it because you support Ad-Aware 6.0, you start to get fed up with it all.

ahh being a techy, if i had to fix some one's virus filled computer, i would just do basic stuff for them firefox, spyboy, zonelarm, and mcafee. set it up so this all happen at 4:00 a.m. And give them 4 pages of instuctions for these programs.

It made me mad when i saw some guy at bestbuy trying to sell this norton thing. like $90 a years. i told them to use theses.

my boss gave me his old computer b/c he said it wouldnt go on the web, well one was because it was a HUGE dust ball inside the front panel so the fan could barely move, Second he was using Windows Me with loads of spywere to the point were it took 10min to start up. i quickly backed up his bank files and put in the Xp cd, now i have a P3 Dell and he has a new dell, he thinks that it was old thats why it wouldnt work, nope and now i have a Free computer with monitor n all :) it runs fine for 900mhz 256 of ram. cant ask much more for an old computer without extra upgrades.

570407[/snapback]

Well, even if i was involved in it, I am the worst reader ever, So I prolly missed it. Ill change may avater back to reflect my bad reading skills so noone will get confused.

im lucky coz im da apprentice i dont deal with customers i let me boss do that. i get given the job, i do it, get paid. :D

since the rig is already screwed i say throw linux on it :P can never go wrong with linux :D

570503[/snapback]

.... Until you want to play the latest games on it ...

Love linux, but hate that there are no decent games for it.

again today a friend drops off his computer.  "it doesn't get on the web" is all he tells me.

well it's got so much spyware on it, it stinks of cigarettes, it's got dust buffalo in it (not bunnies... we're talking HUGE chunks of crud), all he does is surfs bad things, downloads music (kazaa and limewire), virus city, and NO F'N PROTECTION FROM ANYTHING.

I swear I want to start a new organization...  similar to the humane society.  you can get a computer from it...  for cheap.  you have to take a test to get it.  and if you fail to take care of it they will take the computer away and GIVE it to someone who wants one and is willing to be responsible for it.  they will also take any other computers away that are reported as abused...  even if it wasn't bought thru the organization. 

this should cut down on problems like this...

anyone else wanna help get it going?

569272[/snapback]

Man I see this kind of thing every stinking day and it pisses me off as well. People this stupid should be burned at the stake.