Wow! Please God Help

czGLoRy

msi hates intel :lol: i love msi even more.

569433[/snapback]

Ok, so i downloaded thousands of drivers (took about 3 hours to find one that worked) and I finally downlaoded one that "detected drives over 139.4 GB for my Mobo, and it works! it detects my HD!

Now, I got a new mouse. Worked instantly.

Now i just need my CD-ROM drives to be detected! If I can get help with that, Im set!

thanks btw guys its so much easier surfing with a mouse dang.

If your messing with Sata this is what i found out, under any circumstances (dont know if its just my DFI board) the SATA drive that holds the OS must be on SATA 1 slot. From there, you can just add anything else.

569246[/snapback]

i've found that any computer useing the silicon image sata chip it doesnt matter which sata port the os hdd is in

RMA mobo............. have fun............

569746[/snapback]

JUST got mobo back from RMA. its NOT fun... took well over a month and it was a PAIN.

:'( I tried new cables 'taint working. I just need my CD-ROM drive to detect now !!! (drives actually) and I will be good... is therea way to play games that require a CD w/o the CD??? :(

Yeah there is, lol as weird as that question sounds. Alcohol 120, google it. Great program, but you need a lot of hard drive space and a cd-rom drive to load up all the games in the first place.

569914[/snapback]

i have lots of hard drive space and the games< but they are already loaded> my problem is that my cd_rom drive stopped working. Alcohol 120 was so complicated to use I didnt like it :(

have you checked your jumper settings for your cd-rom drive.. if your using SATA for your hard drives, and IDE for your cd-rom.. make sure your cd drive isint set to slave on ide dev1.. i would make sure its master of ide dev0..

jumper settings are usually the cause of cd rom drives not working.. in my experence anyway.

Edited by asus

have you checked your jumper settings for your cd-rom drive.. if your using SATA for your hard drives, and IDE for your cd-rom..  make sure your cd drive isint set to slave on ide dev1.. i would make sure its master of ide dev0..

jumper settings are usually the cause of cd rom drives not working.. in my experence anyway.

569973[/snapback]

Im using a harddrive with IDE (C-drive with OS) and a second hard drive as SATA (games, etc. F drive)

Cd-Rom drives are both IDE (do they have SATA cdrom drives?)

my on-chip ata(s) settings are as follows:

On-chip ATA(s) operate mode: Legacy mode

ATA configuration: P-ATA + S-ATA

SATA keep enabled No

P-ATa keep enabled yes

Pata channel selection primary

combined mode operation p-ata first channel

s-ata ports definition master/slave

Is there anything in here that needs to be changeD? everything works except my CD-ROm drives are no longer detected.

Ill pay $5 paypal to anyone who help sme fully resolve this! Thanks

Edited by czGLoRy