Wow! Please God Help

czGLoRy

I am so frustrated I almost smashed my comuter literally.

I REALLY need help... and fast... so anyone who even tries to help I will be grateful...

OK Heres my problems

1) My main drive (F) Keeps going "undetected" because of bios settings

2) When I change bios settings to allow sata+PTA I get this error message: "DDR RAM TIMINGS TOO CLOSE CHECK TIMINGS"(I never changed my ram settings)

3) When I changed back to defaults, I get message that says "cmos incorrect"

4) When I changed to any number of varieties of PTA/SATA enabled I turn on my computer and motherboard doesn't start until I shut it off, then when i turn on again i get the DDR RAM message

5) For some $%!^ing reason my mouse isn't working

6) At first after I changed settings I got it so my F drive was detected but then my CD-ROM drive wouldn't detect

7) I have a CD-ROM drive thats properly hooked up but isn't being detected

8) for some reason my mouse isn't working now...

Right now my C drive and my floppy drive are being detected. My main drive (F) is not, my disc drive #1 is not, my disc drive #2 is not. When I change bios settings, It sends me back to 2).

PLEASE help me somebody. Im going to literally be sitting at the computer refreshing every once in a while until I get help, so if you need anything clarified just ask please.

Sorry that I posted about the F drive not being detected already but this made this much worse and I am afraid of losing my entire computer again

have you tried new cables? it probably wont help but you never know until you try. and also, when you say "changed the bios to defaults" did you just click the change to defaults or did you pull the battery....i dont think it makes a difference either but i guess its worth a try also.

i tried the battery pulling and resetting in cmos. :( WHY ISNT MY MOUSE WORKING thats so frustrating... I might go buy a new USB mouse and a normal IDE drive and a full widnows xp PRO ($550)

If your mouse is USB try a PS/2 one. Check in the BIOS about the USB setting and see if anything is turned off since you pulled the CMOS battery.

Edit* Im not sure if this is any help especially if your machine just gave you this error without you changing anything but... Yesterday when I was putting together this machine it wouldnt detect the disk drive. It turned out to be the jumpers on the drive and the cables werent set correctly.

Edited by BlitzBomb

have you tried new cables? it probably wont help but you never know until you try. and also, when you say "changed the bios to defaults" did you just click the change to defaults or did you pull the battery....i dont think it makes a difference either but i guess its worth a try also.

569227[/snapback]

My exact thoughts. Try getting new cables.

If your messing with Sata this is what i found out, under any circumstances (dont know if its just my DFI board) the SATA drive that holds the OS must be on SATA 1 slot. From there, you can just add anything else.

Try to stay calm, when u panic you overlook the obvious.

no i have not tried another motherboard... i dont have another one

I have to get my bios settings to pta/sata right? I tried to do that and it gave me the error message that dram timing too close...

i tried the battery pulling and resetting in cmos. :( WHY ISNT MY MOUSE WORKING thats so frustrating... I might go buy a new USB mouse and a normal IDE drive and a full widnows xp PRO ($550)

569232[/snapback]

I have not flashed the bios recently, I have NEVER overclocked, and I need to buy a new mouse because its almost impossible to post here with just using tab. sigh This is a good MSI motherboard, neo2 p series 865 (dont know exact model will find later takes forever to find with just tab)

I might have to just buy a normal IDE HD install on that and then just try to figure this out more tomorrow