Need Help! Dell Vbios

m0rphr3us

Hey guys, ok i did something pretty stupid last night..

well i just reformatted my dell inspiron 8500 a few days ago

(its crappy but its my only laptop.. and my other computer got S.M.A.R.T errors so im without computer till i get a hard drive for that..)

i went to dell.com to get drivers for the laptop.. put in my service code, downloaded video drivers and a video bios update,

(there for my video card.. im positive)

and while flashing the vbios, the computer freezes. i let it run for 15 extra minutes just in case but it never unfroze. i turn it off and turn it back on and now i dont have video. im planning to call dell later but i dont know how much help theyll offer for a 3 year old laptop not under warranty. now my question is.. does anybody know how to fix this from home? is it even possible? any other suggestions/comments are welcome lol

During a BIOS flash if anything stops it, your pretty much screwed, I don't think its fixable from home... I wouldn't expect anything from dell, prepare for the worst.

well since it was the video card i could asume the rest of the machine is still in working condition?

if it is you could just try to reflash with it again if its like a dos boot floppy and then prey that it flashes croctly

569106[/snapback]

Oh ya, I thought he said BIOS, ya just get a replacement Video card or whatever they call it for labtops.

im trying but its hard as hell to find a mobile video card dealer, not to mention many arent going to fit (i bet) into where this card goes

i found the thing on ebay for freakin $130 its not worth it to get a crappy video card for a 3 year old laptop.. looks like ill be computerless for awhile