Very Odd Temps?

GrazzA

Anyone wanna have a go at explaining these very odd temperatures im getting... i can understand the graphics card cuz its overclocked and lots of people report high temps for it... the rest is stock

Idle

System : 40C

CPU : 22C

GPU : 59C

Load

System : 42C

CPU : 31C

GPU : 79C

Sure. At idle there is less work being done therefore less heat from the cpu and gpu is transfered to the case temperature. Under load more work is being done more heat is generated so temps go up simple.Are you using MBM to measure your temps? If so the motherboard is not supported but sombody at dfi's forums modofied the config file for the nf4 boards.Look here for the file

My gut reaction looking at those temps would be that something is wrong. I would flash BIOS and reinstall chipset drivers, then reinstall whatever utility youre using to monitor the temps. Coincedentally what are you using to monitor the temps? I dont think DFI has anything that monitors them from Windows. Have you ever gone into the BIOS to check the CPU temp there and see if its close?

I am using software supplied by DFI...and infact i actually havent had a look in my BIOS...thanks lol. erm i definitly thought there was something wrong myself...kinda was hoping that someone might have had the same strange readings! luckily they are safe....just not very convincing. i will try flashing my BIOS...as much as i hate doing so

nah Gpu's jump crazyly high in games like doom3 etc. i was reading 94c over the summer while owning in doom3. yes it was real i felt the heat poor out and than when i was done playing it dropped to 74c

There is nothing strange about those temps...not sure why you guys think there is. A lot of motherboard chipsets run hot, and on DFI boards the mosfets come up pretty toasty too. My board runs about 4 C higher than my cpu temp at all times.

Noone else finds anything weird about 22C Idle and 31C load for a CPU on AIR??

Maybe on watercooling but not air

568841[/snapback]

So his temp sensor is off a little bit...my cpu runs at 24 C idle and 33 C load, and that's at 2.6 ghz. 22 C and 31 C don't seem too far off from that with good air cooling and a not overly-ambitios OC.

EDIT: Especially since he might have C&Q on.

Most people idle at 35 to 45ish C on air (95F). Saying that 22C (~70C) on good air cooling is acheivable creates unreasonable expectations for people. I doubt anyone can report anywhere close to 22C on air that isnt running their system in a garage while its snowing outisde.