Mac Killed My Mp3 Player!

Dtaylor

I use my mp3 player mainly as data transport between school and home. I plugged it in today, and it didn't recognize it. so I did it again. In the mp3 player window, it said: formatting...and then it STILL didn't recognize it. I even tried a different PC...it won't even turn on now...last time it did this, I had to format it with my Athlon to get it to respond...It's a Rio cali 256 plugged into an emac if that helps...

I swear, its the . network. Wiped it out. Anytime I find out how to do anything useful with the macs, our IT guy disables it. Like, I found a new game on them...3 days later, it's gone! I find another OC club...next day, the site is blocked. I start using USB, next day, it kills my mp3 player! EVERY TIME I DO THIS I HAVE TO RE-FORMAT WITH A PC. Anyone know how to fix this?

I swear, its the . network.  Wiped it out.  Anytime I find out how to do anything useful with the macs, our IT guy disables it.  Like, I found a new game on them...3 days later, it's gone!  I find another OC club...next day, the site is blocked.  I start using USB, next day, it kills my mp3 player!  EVERY TIME I DO THIS I HAVE TO RE-FORMAT WITH A PC.  Anyone know how to fix this?

568809[/snapback]

Well, lets see. The IT has the right to do what he wants so that the network bandwidth isn't taken up with P2P apps and other things that you are supposed to do from home. The network is there for educational/work purposes, not personal surfing. As for your USB/Rio problem, I am sure its there for virus-protection. Destroy all data before it infects the hard drive.

You may hate me for saying this, but I use to be IT for schools, and I disgusted what some kids did to the computer systems.

Hey, I understand. I can still download stuff, but it kills it. He might've had problems with that stuff in the past, too. I think it's more his programs that he's got protecting these machines anyway. Not many people are too fond of the way the network is run...keeps crashing. Maybe he disabled that stuff just to stabilize it......I wasn't RUNNING any apps, just doing some 35 second downloads, to my mp3 player. I was working...somewhat...The bandwidth shouldnt've been needed at the time anyway....the games I'm referring to was on the mac's HD. Someone put them there...I wasn't trying to harm the system if that's what you mean...