Best Digi Cam Under 500$

I am looking for a new digital camera, not that i ever had one but still, is there any exellent camera I could go for ? I know Canon, Olympus make great cameras, but i'd like to know your opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my girlfriend a samsung digimax v5 a few months ago and she absolutely loves it. The pictures are amazing and the features are endless. It even takes video with sound. All for ~$200. Just buy a 256mb or 512mb card (less than $50 on newegg) and you'll be in business.

I bought a Canon SD400 with a 512MB SD card a few weeks ago. This thing is TINY and takes absolutely amazing pictures, even with automatic settings (I tweaked every possible option available to me :P ).

It set me back about $300 for the camera itself (check slickdeals, I saw it for $219 last week) and about 30 bucks for the SD card from Newegg. The movie mode is a lot better than you would think for such a small camera. Oh, and I did TONS of research before I bought this thing. For the price and features, this camera can't be beat.