Palm, Ppc, Or Psp?

nan0click

Woah... Im feeling a hate vibe torwards the PPC! Well all Im saying I got this for free and Im happy with it and all the things I can do with it, also connecting wirelessly to AIM, MSN ain't that bad since alot of areas have wifi, not only my house. I put my PPC away when im using my comp, but when my son wants to play his clifford game on my comp (lol) at least I can pull up a web browser, log on an IM client in the background and load up a playlist from my music network share with Windows Media 9.

Pretty impressive to me, at least for a handheld device. and no I dont plan to play games. Only games I play are FPS like Halo, UT, and CoD. Kinda grew outta other games in general.

Believe me I thought they were useless until you own one...

Edited by silkster

pocket pc's are incredible. I have one that is 2 generations old though.... (h2215)

i also have a psp and love it but only use it for games because i dont have any pictures and all my vids wont fit because i dont like buying memorysticks (secure digital or compact flash is all that i will buy becuae memory stick is a crappy sony only format)

for music i use my ipod with apple lossless

I had the 2215 too, but I ditched it because HP changed their ind about supporting in in WM2003SE. I like the music and video capbilities, but the lack of GOOD free games was the biggest turnoff. Maybe there's been an influx of good stuff since then, but the T|X is very nice looking, and it has wifi. Maybe someone reading this has a new T|X and would like to share (a story/review - web reviews can be biased sometimes)....

pocket pc's are incredible. I have one that is 2 generations old though.... (h2215)

i also have a psp and love it but only use it for games because i dont have any pictures and all my vids wont fit because i dont like buying memorysticks (secure digital or compact flash is all that i will buy becuae memory stick is a crappy sony only format)

for music i use my ipod with apple lossless

567378[/snapback]

you have a PPC a PSP and an iPod! seems kinda wasteful, IMO. anyway, i would recommend the PSP, cept for the fact that once you include the cost of other things its gets up there in price. granted i dont know the price of PPC's right now, but if you look at:

$250(PSP. you can get it 200 used)

+~$100(any decent amount of memory. 1+ GB)

+$40(games. depending on how many you buy they get expensive)

+$15(UMD movies, unless you want to fill up your expensive Mem Stick Duo with them :P )

=====================================================

~400-500 for a system you may or may not use all that much

im done ranting now, and i'll just leave you alone and go sell mine stead'a compainin abot it.