Sign in to follow this  
cdoggown

Wake-up Call - Collision At 110mph

HoLoDreaM, it is quite simple.

Your car is travelling at a certain velocity, and when you hit something, your car's velocity will reduce, though the people in the car will still be travelling at the cars initial velocity, this will lead to the people inside the car being launched out the window, and then it is good game.

How the hell would not wearing a seat belt save you?

567190[/snapback]

Unfortunately, not all of them happen that simple.

If, at least, 2 others can (and have) understand what I am talking about. I'm sure y'all are somewhat able to, I hope.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

Nope dont think anyone knows what your talking about

why dont you go back, read

Why dont you go back to page four and read ;), we are all waiting for your seat belt killer scenerio

But as Holo said, there are some, like 1 out of millions of posible accident sinarios(sp) where seatbelts wouldnt be benificial.

567171[/snapback]

i just figured i would be the odd ball the sides with holo about there being some cases there seatbelts can kill. first off i wear mine all the time and would rather take my chance with it on then off but one of my best friend would probably be dead if he had his on when he was in a roll over.

He was in the passenger seat and when the truck rolled he somehow got thrown between the driver and the steering weal.. the passenger side roof caved in and took off the top of the seat.  a rare case but they do happen.

567193[/snapback]

obviously 2 people do... and i dont have to explain a specific reason.. because i have said they simply they CAN happen.

Edited by HoLoDreaM

the only logical anwser i could think of to back holodreams theory would be if you run off a bridge or something and cant get out of ur car in time and drown....but even then, it doesnt take that long to take it off if your in that big of a hurry.

gah, you beat me by one post!

I was gonna say if you drove into the water and forgot how to operate a seatbelt. :lol: (in this case, power locks kill too, the ones on new cars that lock the doors when you're not in park that is)

yeah it sucks that some people have to be so stupid when they drive, I would have no problem with raising the legal driving age...heh, I didnt get my license till 18. Anything to reduce the rate at which cars flood the road. (no pun intended...well...)

Stuff like this makes me appreciate the fact that I drive a volvo.

Im 17 and havnt had my license for too long, and even I know thats rediculously too fast and stupid. I guess people dont seem to understand that holding a license requires responsibility.

I'm 17 and haven't had my license for too long, and even I know thats ridiculously too fast and stupid.

Oh man, I forgot about that RADEON guy...does he still post regularly? :lol:

Anyway, seatbelts save lives. However, they don't make up for utter stupidity.

the only logical anwser i could think of to back holodreams theory would be if you run off a bridge or something and cant get out of ur car in time and drown....but even then, it doesnt take that long to take it off if your in that big of a hurry.

567232[/snapback]

Alright, so you're driving fast enough to either break through, or get over the safety railing of the bridge, the first thing you are going to have to deal with while not wearing your seatbelt, is how to restrain yourself from bouncing off the inside of your car, and breaking bones. Upon impact the water, if you are unrestrained, you WILL be launched. Once your car hits the water, it's going to be like coming to an instant stop, and guess what? You'll be going places again.

The argument of "well in some very RARE cases, it could be detrimental" is not valid, in the least. You can't plan on having these rare accidents. What you can expect to happen, if anything, is a low impact collision, where you think not wearing a seatbelt isn't going to matter. Guess what? These low impact collissions? They'll mess you up just as bad as the "big one".

Bosco can tell you what happens when you don't wear a seatbelt.

567170[/snapback]

Sure be glad too:

Now if your lucky a bump on the head depending on the speed. Now for more extreme speeds lets see Road Rash, Broken Noses, Broken Jaws, Broken Teeth, Broken necks which in alot of instances kills you, and last but not least Decapitation either partial or fully depending on the accident.

You guys don't seem to understand how it works if you are driving in a forward motion and you hit something the car stops and you and everything in the car go forward its that simply. The seatbelt is designed to stop you from traveling forward but on the otherhand seatbelts on rare occasions have killed people. I remember this one it was great this family tried to sue Ford because they said that the sealbelt failed and killed there son during a pursuit. Well he broke his spine on the impact of the collision and ended up dying at the scene. He hit the wall dead on at over 100mph but his family said that if he was not wearing it or it was a softer material he would have lived. The judge through it out because of the speed, the seatbelt is like everything else for the most part it will work if you do not abuse it plain and simple.

Don't forget that if you do survive a crash at high speeds, with seatbelt on, you may have internal organ damage, car stops first then your body crashes into seatbelt then internal organs crash up against rib cage and everything else.