Sign in to follow this  
deltron_tsc

5.1 Surround Speakers With Usb Headset

Hey all,

I have a usb headset and I want to know how I can have the headset exclusively for voice comm while the rest of my 5.1 speakers play the game sounds... any ideas?

I don't even mind having the headset playback the sounds of the game, so long as I get the audio from other players; but at the same time I wish for my 5.1 surround speakers to work.

Thanks.

I have mine set up exactly as you are wanting.

INside the case there are two wires that connect the front audio jacks. Plug in the pink one for the mic but leave the green one out, your 5.1 speakers hook up to the black, orange and green plugs on the back leaving the pink one for your mic. Plug your mic in the mic jack and you are set... 5.1 sound and microphone.

Note) If you dont have the wires in the case just plug you mic into the pink mic jack on the back of your comp.

Try looking in Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. Play around with the settings in the Audio and Voice tabs and you might get what you want.

Right Click on the Speaker in your System tray.

> Audio Propertise

Go to the Audio Tab, and set6 your Default Audio device as the Sound card which is connected to your Surround sound.

Go to the Voice tab, set the Defauklt Recording and Sound Out devices to your USB Headset.

I know this works.

I have it setup like that on my system.