Bionix

Okay, i'll ditch it... but is there any way to steal the template I already have up?  I like how it looks... it's just not very customizeable.  I also have the entire Macromedia studio....

You can probably open the .html file in dreamweaver and take it from there. If not, you could try dragging and dropping the image elements into Dreamweaver and recreate it.

If you already have Dreamweaver, why not spend some time to learn to use it? All web building programs have a learning curve.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like what you have dont already, but DO NOT use any free site builder crap, stick with Dreamweaver, it is teh idustry standard. you shoudl be able to save the side then open it in dreamweaver. ill check it for you.

***EDIT***

when you daved it did you jsut get the text and the background? this is what i got, and i think its becasue all the picstures are on their server and are undownloadable? i dunno somethign tot hat effect. better to jsut start over, that way you will be able to modify each aspect of your site. send me a PM if your having troubles.

Edited by Uber

PM sent. I want to keep that layout because I don't know enough to create my own from scratch. I'd also consider a new template, if it were customizeable with dreamweaver....so... a dreamweaver template...

edit:

I'm emailing my webhost to see if I can get the files.

Edited by Bionix

Learn HTML and CSS, In my opinon Dreamweaver is more usefull if you know those.. Also if you feel like learning some harder stuff learn PHP, ASP, Javascript, etc... HTML is the basic stuff, CSS is a bit more advanced. HTML and CSS arnt programing lanuages, they are a set of formating tags that are translated by the web browser.

1nad1 is great here is a comparison chart about the dif packages,(well my copy and paste isnt working , but just click the comparison chart link) you can choose linux or windows server, and also all have sql databases. My advice is to just use dreamweaver or frontpage, and if your a photoshop expert than just use photoshop, sites built in photo shop look cleaner anyways, and after you get your layout, just save it as an html file, and open it in dreamweaver and finish coding it. The best sites nowadays are built using flash and photoshop, however i recommend taking some web classes using flash, because it is definately not for beginners. check out this website for somehelp using photoshop for building your page.DONT USE A TEMPLATE, YOU MIGHT LIKE IT, BUT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME PAGE AS YOU. dont worry about advertisements yet, get your site built, and see if your getting any hits get on all the search engines, then you can think about advertisements.

www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop/web-layouts

hmm now youve got me confused, i cant remember how i did it, your right about the save for web, and i dont think you can export it too dw, ok now let me retrace my steps, sliced the image, then save for web, , then select gif, then hit save, and then select html and images, ya thats it :), so when you hit save, you can select html

this is what i get when i open the .html

567121[/snapback]

hmm, not sure man, it works for me, when i open mine, it is already set up as a table, because i sliced the image, then i open a new page, copy and paste the table into the new page and it is centered then you can have the backgraound diff, and your "page" is centered on the "document". ill send you an example, pm me with your email