Bionix

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cable, through adelphia.  Would it rape my bandwidth?  Would I be able to game without having the site or game going extremely slow.

edit:

does anyone see any "catches" with this plan:

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/HostingHo...top&__lf=Static

566067[/snapback]

Dont host yourself unless you feel like upgrading your current net connection with a really big upload speed. I tried and it was really really slow, even when no one was using my network.

I'm quickly discovering how much I don't know...

I'm using their "site builder" and it's kinda crappy. I just looked under their photo stuff and there's no way I can make a "pictur rating system". I want something like imagedump, or ratemythong.com or something.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

edit:

I published the site, so you can see what I've done so far:

www.Braggable.com

I need help lol

Edited by Bionix

Okay, i'll ditch it... but is there any way to steal the template I already have up? I like how it looks... it's just not very customizeable. I also have the entire Macromedia studio.... I jsut dont know how to use it very well lol. Hmm... let me check out site spinner.

I would stay away from site builders and stuff like that and learn some HTML and CSS. It will help you alot more in the long run. Right now I'm working on my photography site and I'm probably going to be modifying/creating my own image gallery so it will have the features that I want and not be full of crap that I dont want. I would suggest somehow aquiring Macromedia Dreamweaver and using that. Its really helpful and doesnt leave you with bloated code like MS Frontpage does.

For advertising I would suggest Google ads. You have to be 18 though and your site needs to be built already or they wont accept you into the program. You could also manage your own ads and just charge so much for a week, a month, ect. Until you get some paying customers you can just put in ads to OCC, your friends sites, or any other group that you belong to; just to take up the space so you dont have a big blank spot in your layout.

Good Luck. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.