Is This Worth Buying?

yeah why do you? your going to screw yourself in the future cause you can't upgrade anything plus it doesn't have dual channal

565540[/snapback]

the 1mb cache on the higher end 754 makes up for the lack of DC, but the 1mb cache on the 939 procs dont matter much.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 1mb cache on the higher end 754 makes up for the lack of DC, but the 1mb cache on the 939 procs dont matter much.

565542[/snapback]

Your still locked out of upgrades...

THe 3700+ 754 it comes with is a good chip...but what are you going to do when you want/need to upgrade?

You can buy the CPU for $215 anyday on newegg with none of tigerdirect's rebates to deal with. The board is crap...the brand is NOT one i would trust, and well let's face it...even if you factor in the cost after reabates, you just bought yourself a dead-end upgrade, no FX or dual core or 939 Opteron (assuming AMD doesn't pull the plug on that one) for you.

Oh and VIA chipsets suck for everything but a celeron or skt A sempron, and then dont expect much out of them. Some are unstable, some SERIOUSLY under perform, and some just aren't worth the tiem to assemble the system.

Your still locked out of upgrades...

THe 3700+ 754 it comes with is a good chip...but what are you going to do when you want/need to upgrade?

You can buy the CPU for $215 anyday on newegg with none of tigerdirect's rebates to deal with.  The board is crap...the brand is NOT one i would trust, and well let's face it...even if you factor in the cost after reabates, you just bought yourself a dead-end upgrade, no FX or dual core or 939 Opteron (assuming AMD doesn't pull the plug on that one) for you.

Oh and VIA chipsets suck for everything but a celeron or skt A sempron, and then dont expect much out of them. Some are unstable, some SERIOUSLY under perform, and some just aren't worth the tiem to assemble the system.

565575[/snapback]

some via chis are good, but most of them are unrialiable and are budget type chipsets

btw: the k8t800 pro was pretty good for its time

some via chis are good, but most of them are unrialiable and are budget type chipsets

btw: the k8t800 pro was pretty good for its time

565591[/snapback]

it was the only one that was actually able to overclock decently. :lol:

swifty, how can you say that a 754 board is 2nd best to a K8N neo2?  the original K8N neo would actually only rank 2nd to that DFI in socket 754 agp boards.

565657[/snapback]

theres not that many good 939 boards but the k8n neo2. and the overall best 754 board i heard of was that dfi one. besides, isnt 754 gonna die anytime soon?

theres not that many good 939 boards but the k8n neo2. and the overall best 754 board i heard of was that dfi one. besides, isnt 754 gonna die anytime soon?

565693[/snapback]

i don't think so, i mean the semphrons are still only(well, the good onces anywayz) available on the sckt 754 platform. I think it will keep on being the "bargain" socket

i don't think so, i mean the semphrons are still only(well, the good onces anywayz) available on the sckt 754 platform.  I think it will keep on being the "bargain" socket

565698[/snapback]

well personally, i wouldnt never touch a sempron, nor would i recommend it to anyone i know unless they wanna be a super cheapo.

He never answered the question "why socket 754?" I'd really like to know why you insist on buying something that you won't really be able to upgrade. You're buying both the processor and mobo, correct? So why not go s939?

He never answered the question "why socket 754?" I'd really like to know why you insist on buying something that you won't really be able to upgrade. You're buying both the processor and mobo, correct? So why not go s939?

565756[/snapback]

if your refering to me, im not buying it, my cousins dad is, and he dont need dc nor 939 power. hes gonna be upgrading from a AXP 2000+ so that is already a big step. and he dad didnt wanna spend much on em. however, the rig ill build for my lil bro will involve a 939 proc.