Sign in to follow this  
GlimmerMan

Check Out This Behemoth From Asus...

you could in theory put 2 of them in a board that has 2 16x slots and have 2 sli setups... or even 4 in the case of that gigabyte motherboard (8 gpus).  but the question becomes WHY?

dual GPU video cards have and always will suck.

567707[/snapback]

heh, amen

I think its just as a marketing scam... Lol, i think i have a dual gpu card from back in the voodoo and tnt days

let's all kill this

fly1.jpg

with this

sledgehammer.jpg

567735[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, why the heck would you want to even try to run a quad core configuration unless your going for most powerful rig on benchmark scores? I'm still gaming on my 9600XT just fine...

well the 9600xt is like killing a fly with a thumbtack, but hey, that's what I do.

The 6800 and the 6600gts are the flyswatters :lol:

I prefer to be like red, and kill it with

wrecking_ball.jpg

^^^^^ That.

Mala... does the term "God Hates Fanboys" mean much?

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

My thoughts exactly, why the heck would you want to even try to run a quad core configuration unless your going for most powerful rig on benchmark scores? I'm still gaming on my 9600XT just fine...

567747[/snapback]

it wouldn't be for benching. infact it would be slower than a standard SLI setup! why? because each card counts as ONE sli'd pair of GPU's. they're not all tied together. you could have 8 monitors on 8 7800GT gpus... that would be awsome for some serious multi display, but would be useless to a gamer or anyone else.

:withstupid: ATi doesn't even HAVE a dual GPU card LMAO. so don't talk out your <censor>

and as far as someone saying x1800 xt smokes your 7 series.. well lets see it smoked the gt and the GTX i didn't see the results of the GTX KO, but this thing just smokes your X1800XT and didn't even both to look back! so much for more power per card LMAO... but i agree... too bad it isnt SLi 4 cores mmmmmmmmmmm

567690[/snapback]

Hey, we don't know that yet. we didn't know that nVidia had one till today.

and that was hursh.

darn Nividia fan boys putting down the dream of kids.

I recal that ATI used 32 GPUs for flight sims, that i might be wrong.

I would so love to have 8 1600x1200 monitors for IRC, coding, gaming, forums, AIM, MSN, movies, and music.

567786[/snapback]

Yea and u can form them in a circle around u, 360 degrees display, would be so awesome

Hey, we don't know that yet.  we didn't know that nVidia had one till today.

and that was hursh. 

darn Nividia fan boys putting down the dream of kids. 

I recal that ATI used 32 GPUs for flight sims, that i might be wrong.

567794[/snapback]

um, Nvidia bought 3dfx... who came up with SLI back in the old days, and even had that awful dual VS1000 voodoo 5. it was just a matter of time before Nvidia tried it themselves... and that was with a dual 6600 a few months back (almost a year)... so dual GPU Nvidia based cards is nothing new at all... but maybe YOU missed.

ATI actually beat 3dfx to the draw with a dual GPU card called the rage fury maxx... based on the rage 128 pro chip.

as far as more than 2 GPU's on a functional card, there's one place for those... Obsidian. they make custom cards for flight sims and what not. and they'll use what ever they dang well please... Nvidia, ATI, Matrox, 3dLabs or what ever else meets the needs of thier customers.