Going Ocz From Corsiar

I would like to go OCz. I do want 2x512. I will be overclocking. What would you suggest on the transition from Corsair to OCz. Meaning; What series of the OCz should I get? Thanx.

You shouldn't get OCZ, you should get PDP :P

But as far as what model OCZ to get, I don't really know how to answer that...

How about get the best you can afford? Figure out your budget, and get the highest model you can. What else can I say?

You shouldn't get OCZ, you should get PDP :P

But as far as what model OCZ to get, I don't really know how to answer that... 

How about get the best you can afford?  Figure out your budget, and get the highest model you can.  What else can I say?

565061[/snapback]

you seen the new g.skill i ordered? i think it might do better than your pdp, hopefully.

Oh, it's actually not too hard to beat MY memory, if you get into the 300fsb ballpark :P

BUT, what I would buy NOW (mine's almost a year old already) would be:

Patriot 1x512MB PC4800 2.5-4-4-8 ($185)

Anything comparable (that I can find) from G.Skill is at least $30 more expensive for the same speed ratings.

565100[/snapback]

eh too late, i got this and look @ its ability

Oh, it's actually not too hard to beat MY memory, if you get into the 300fsb ballpark :P

BUT, what I would buy NOW (mine's almost a year old already) would be:

Patriot 1x512MB PC4800 2.5-4-4-8 ($185)

Anything comparable (that I can find) from G.Skill is at least $30 more expensive for the same speed ratings.

565100[/snapback]

well that ram you linked sure does look good, but i wanna see how this goes and its getting popular among XS forums. but if my new ram turns out to be crap, ill look in to that ram too.

well that ram you linked sure does look good, but i wanna see how this goes and its getting popular among XS forums. but if my new ram turns out to be crap, ill look in to that ram too.

565322[/snapback]

Yup, that stuff looks good, but keep in mind that the article you linked is -one guy-. Now G.Skill is darn good memory, so I bet a lot of sets will OC well, but it's not guaranteed. As to with the PDP that I linked, that stuff is rated to clock 2.5-4-4-8 at DDR600. The only guarantee the G.Skill that you linked makes is that it does 2-2-2-5 at DDR400. But we'll have to wait and see what the general concensus is on that G.Skill stuff. If it all hits speeds like that, I wouldn't mind saving $30 by going that route :)