High Pitch Noise Coming From Machine

Mr. 2 1

I got a super high pitch noise coming from my machine, and I don't know where the hells its coming from. I've unplugged the CD rom and all of the fans, take out cold cathode, unplugged the floppy drive and its not the CPU fans or the VPU fans either....The PSU fans is fine but sice the noise is a super high frequency I can't really pin point to the exact location its just a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP which iritate the hella out of my.. Pls any advice would help

Ohh yeah this just happen to me recently too, about 2 days now. It so dang annoying that I have to turn off the computer when sleeping. Anyway I though it was some of the diodes that got loose but I've check and all seem to be fine

Edited by Mr. 2 1

if its a beep then it has something to do with your internal speaker attached to mobo, but if it is just a noise then Id say something is up with your power supply or Harddrive.

I see you have 4 HD's check each one, one at a time. But I don't see a power supply listed.

Edited by Ste

My only guess is that a capacitor in your computer is making that noise. I've heard it before, but it has never lasted for very long. Sometimes when a capacitor is about to go bad it will start to make a noise, but that noise does not always mean that it is going bad. Start taking cards and other parts out and try to isolate it.

There are certain conditions that will cause a capacitor to start making noises, other than the dielectric breaking down which would cause the cap to go bad. changes in voltage, frequency, and other conditions can cause the cap to resonate. Normally it does not mean anything bad, but if it is loud, then you could have a problem.

I'm not sure if there's any clear-cut way to determine if it is going to be a real problem or not without testing the effected parts and circuits themselves.

(edited a few times)

I don't use speakers, its all headphones, but the sound seem like its coming from a loose capacitor from inside the PSU. I would try and fix it, but I prefered not to take the PSU apart ^_^, Anyway just got my check so I guess its time for an upgrade...TY people

I don't use speakers, its all headphones, but the sound seem like its coming from a loose capacitor from inside the PSU. I would try and fix it, but I prefered not to take the PSU apart ^_^, Anyway just got my check so I guess its time for an upgrade...TY people

564857[/snapback]

I was talking about the internal speaker inside of case. Not external speakers.

Theres a new antec PSU out, that has triple 12V rails @ 15AMps each

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103938

I think theres a 500+ watt version that also has triple 12V rails @ 18 amps Each