Activation & Keys

NCC10281982B

I got XP pro & server 2003 enterprise through MSDNAA. The web ordering ssytem for my school only allows my to add an item to the cart once, so I only get one product key for each SW title. Internet activation works fine on the first comp I install the SW on. As pre the lab setup for nscom 225 I have 2k3 on 3 computers. I get the this SW has been Activated too many times message on two of them.

So, those of you who know the system, is it possable to get more keys from MSDNAA? I have 4 comps that need Activation. Is there a quick easy way to do this? Like for people with volume lincase? Do I have to spend an hour on the phone with MS?

Do I have to spend an hour on the phone with MS?

564679[/snapback]

Most likely.

EDIT: can you get the corporate editon? (don't have to activate)

yea u can get the copr edition but they u cant update cause your all using one cd key and Geniune M$ blocks you from updating unless u c**** it. i got the link to reg win pro but not for sever.

cause my cuz uncle, who owns his computer company down in cali, sends some copr edition OS down to him, hes got windows xp home/pro & server 2003 but they all are OEM with one key. So you cant update it but u can activiate it on as many computers as you want. just find the way to c**** it and ur good. got my win xp pro c**** and now i can bypass Geniune M$ on auto updates.

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, yes, Good ole exceter closed ijag's' repeat thread, so I am posting here. Yes, I also know the thread is close to a month old. :P

You have to get Volume License keys for the software or get the Universal subscription to MSDN. It doesn't matter if it's Retail, OEM, or if it came from MSDN. It says specifically on MSDN that the licenses for the software that comes from that site is for single-computer usage only depending upon your subscription type.

Exerpt from MSDN:

The MSDN Volume License Registration site is for Open, Select, and Enterprise Agreement customers. Customers who register their licenses will receive access to MSDN Subscriber Downloads, technical support, an MSDN Subscriber ID. Customers who ordered their licenses through the Software Assurance program will also receive complimentary media, based on number of licensees ordered.

All customers who register at the site will need to establish a unique Passport email address. The registration site will prompt all customers to enter their Passport email address. Customers who already have a Passport address may use their current address. Customers who do not have a Passport address will be prompted to create one.

Edited by FxXP

Which, does me Nil good for my studies.

Lets take a look @ some things:

The lab setup and curriculum is supplied by MS.

My class is taught online.

My school has a lab of 5 computers to be shared by all MS networking students. There are several clasdses/programs. The program I am in is second on the pecking order for using that equipment.

Bottom line I am stuck.

I guess I figured these people would have provided for a situation like this.

yea u can get the copr edition but they u cant update cause your all using one cd key and Geniune M$ blocks you from updating unless u c**** it. i got the link to reg win pro but not for sever.

cause my cuz uncle, who owns his computer company down in cali, sends some copr edition OS down to him, hes got windows xp home/pro & server 2003 but they all are OEM with one key. So you cant update it but u can activiate it on as many computers as you want. just find the way to c**** it and ur good. got my win xp pro c**** and now i can bypass Geniune M$ on auto updates.

564819[/snapback]

Busted...i dont think were alowed to talk about that here, everyone knows it..get them on Aim or Pm them but dont post it.

you get banned from the forums that way..

I'd like to know the name of his Uncle's business so that Microsoft can bust it and close it permanently. As for your situation ijag, yes, you are up that perverbial creek without a paddle.

Well maybe this...

Q: Can I install my software on two computers at once?

A: Yes, as long as you are the owner of both computers and both are being used for instructional purposes. NOTE: If you require another key for a product you must contact your program administrator. Also, friends, family and colleagues not currently enrolled in a course that is part of an MSDNAA department are not allowed to access or use the software available from this website. (For examples of appropriate usage see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/academic/program...e/default.aspx)

Yeah, but read between the lines. You are not the owner of those computers, the school is. It is up to the school to do that.