Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Yuck

Ps1 Screen: $13 At K-mart

I wan't one too.

564411[/snapback]

sorry, but did you know that you put a ' in your want.

564593[/snapback]

Since when did you become the grammar police alown? :P:lol:

564593[/snapback]

why do you have to be that little prick? We all know the kind im talking about...

I picked up a PS1 5" LCD screen at K Mart today for $13 ($14.01 after 7.5% tax). These things have mini AV Input jacks so I hooked up rca to my video card and it works quite well, paired up with the omega drivers, I can display video on BOTH  the PS1 screen and my regular monitor at the same time.

I plan on taking all the excess fuzz off of it and modding it into my case. AV Input should help make it really easy, and there are a lot of tutorials that can be found specifically for the PS1 display through google :D

Now I can have a portable PC 1337er than fps_doug's!!

564331[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up on the PS1 LCD's.....I found three in my area....bought all three for future projects B:)

yeah I'm lookin to get one too.. the kmart here is sold out.... So "stephanie" says... although I don't think she knew what I was talking about when I said "Playstation 1 Screen". I'll stop being lazy and go.

After seeing this deal here on this site,I looked at my KMart here (Elkins, WV), I went to see if my local store had them..

To my amazement they had 4 of them for $13.00 each. I bought all of them. :P:P

I was speaking to the cashier in the electronics section and she said next week they were going to take a hammer and destroy them :huh::huh: and throw them away, as they are discontinued. These screens have an original price tag on them for $104.00 each.

To whoever started this thread and advised of this deal, THANK YOU!! :D:D

I called my Kmart and they said they were on Clerence for $79.99

565604[/snapback]

they may be marked at that, but when scanned, I'll bet you 3 cookies that it will be $13

Onto my question, i have the ps1 screen as my secondary monitor, works great, but windows wont let me go below 800x600 on it, using multires or powerstrip, i can go way down in resolution, but it also changes my primary display to that low resolution. Is there a way that I can get my 5" screen to go 640x480 and my 17" to stay at 1024x768?

PS: if you didnt get in on the deal, keep an eye on the price tags at other stores, or, scan them at those self price check things once in a while, sometimes you'll get lucky, for example, at Target, Jones soda 12 packs are marked at $3.99, but when scanned, they are only $3 :lol: