Heatsink Compatability

IUMaestro

Ok, stupid question prolly..

I'm still using socket A till I win the lottery for 64 bit.

but i want to grab a better heatsink to get some better temps... i'm not so happy anymore.

never owned a Thermalright, nor heatpipage.

Why do all these fancy heatsinks out now only want to support 478/754/939/940/775, but not 462...

I've got a board with the 4 screw holes on the socket's corners... so doesn't that mean i can get away with something?

gimme a recommendation plz

well riight. i guess i'm tryin got confirm that if a product doesn't list "socket A" compatability, but still connects to a board via the 4 screw holes, not the socket itself, I should be able to make it work.. I assume.

anyone?

the SI-97 you mean... the SP-97 is a relic of the past... i've not seen it for sale for years... you could pick one up 2nd hand i guess, but who wants a used heatsink? :|

if you like bolt-through and all-copper, you could get the SLK-947u... i've seen that for sale recently so it's still around http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_slk947u.htm

Get the SI-97A it will fit your socket A and has attachment for your future socket 939 or Athlon K7/K8 Socket 754/940 and you have the thermalright top of the line cooling ;)

Edited by kobalt