Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Impress Me...

rather than get a 7800GT, maybe get a 6800GT or x800xl and a nice mobo?

i dunno about over there, but over here the price of a 6800GT/x800xl + nice mobo is about the same as a 7800GT...

or even something like the x800xl + decent heatsink... basically i'm saying, no use getting a 7800GT if something else on your system sucks... it'd be like getting a 1000W sub to go with your current 2W plastic speakers

if you stay agp, the best bang card would be the 6600gt and/or the 6800.

562555[/snapback]

I would concur with this statement,.......but getting a 7800gt, might give u a heart attack so..........lol

I would concur with this statement,.......but getting a 7800gt, might give u a heart attack so..........lol

562709[/snapback]

umm the 7800 series doesnt come in agp form.

So it'd be a waste to get one with a 2600+ Sempron?

dang...

*goes back to Newegg and Froogle*

562628[/snapback]

Anything over a 9800pro/6600gt would be bottlenecked by that processor.

For what it's worth... my 6800NU *overclocked* wasn't bottlenecked (as in no noticable speed increase by going to an A64 @ 2.2GHz) by an Athlon XP 2600+ mobile at....... 2.2GHz? I reckon it'd be just fine with a Sempron 2600+?

Anything over a 9800pro/6600gt would be bottlenecked by that processor.

562715[/snapback]

It might not run to it's absolute full potential, but a 6800 GT or higher would give a HUGE performance increase over either of those cards, even with that processor. I went from a 9800 Pro to a 6800 Ultra on my Athlon XP 2500+ system and noticed an amazing difference. Essentially, I can't realize more than 60fps in Doom 3 or CS:S, but I get those 60fps regardless of if I'm on the highest or lowest settings. Totally worth it in order to play with all of the goodies maxed out. BF2 is flawless as well at max settings.

I would say go for the 6800, you would crap your pants if you have a 12 pipeline card! Plus they're becoming pretty cheap now from when I payed 350 for mine when it first came out!