Its Here

apostolics

I just got my lap top and first thing i did was take all dells crap and uninstalled it. next add f@H console . i cant wait to see how this thing games it has 2gb of ddr2 sweet and a 2.13 pm 770 . i wanna see som QMD wus come my way since its the first major intel chip ive ever owned. so far its nice and speedy does any one know a way to speed it up? and can i oc the video card. i know you can with regular cards but how about this dell?

Oh come on, Dell laptops aren't nearly as bad as their POS desktops. Thank God for Asian manufacturers :D

Laptops are pretty cramped and have very little tolerance levels when it comes to heat. You would need to figure out a way to get rid of the excess heat if you plan on overclocking your video card (not exactly sure if you're even capable of doing so)

Well if the vid card isn't an integrated chip you should be able to, though as kashk said you wouldn't want to unless you come up with some way to get the heat out. My mobile 9600 can be OC'd but I don't wanna kill it. :P

What proc is in that puppy? My laptop has a desktop P4 with HT and folds like a mofo. Get no battery life though! :lol:

Glad you like it.

I'm debating on buying a notebook, I'd buy it from Dell, since I have my employee discount which is an additional 15% off of sale price. But too would format it and install XP Pro on it and just put on the drivers that are needed.

What kind of warranty did you get, Onsite or return to depot?

good choice. i went with the 6000d because it was cheaper and smaller. i now am thankful because even the 15.4inch bad boy gets heavy carrying to classes. it folds good and it doesn't stop folding. i would say that it doesn't fold for maybe 5 hours a week. it has singlehandedly helped me dominate and move up almost 10 spaces since coming to college. if only my desktop were this quiet....

you can overclock the video card easly without cooking the laptop, i have one specs and 3dmarks are in sig

edit: i think i am using 76.50 drivers from

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

to overclock. also do you know what screen you have? if you have the samsung uxga i can give you some color currection settings that will make it look alot better.

to see what screen you have use the FN and turn the brightness down on the screen. there are 8 settings and the samsung will change brightness for all 8 but the LG screen will not change brightness from like 3-4 or something like that dont rember exactly

Edited by Sylo