Issues With Amd 3800+ Venice Cpu!

Ya, Find bigreds Guide for future referencee.

you should see difference in games however, u gotta fix this first.

562050[/snapback]

Ok, The first quote doesn't belong to anyone in this conversation and second I did a fresh install of Windows XP, but apparently no one has been reading previous post before posting themselves. :blink:

Nerm.... I have 4x512 of Kingston Valueram could this be the problem?? Since the word value is in the mix I would assume that this is not good enough?? :blink:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, The first quote doesn't belong to anyone in this conversation and second I did a fresh install of Windows XP, but apparently no one has been reading previous post before posting themselves.  :blink:

562075[/snapback]

I read your posts before posting myself. That is why I didn't bother suggesting a clean install. So, you can't really say "no one" now can you? lol :P

I am not sure where "cpu throttling" is located in your specific mobo, but try looking in the advanced settings section of your bios.

Also, how much memory does this system have and what are the specs of the memory? Remember that having quality memory is very important with an AMD system.

562048[/snapback]

I read your posts before posting myself. That is why I didn't bother suggesting a clean install. So, you can't really say "no one" now can you? lol :P

562077[/snapback]

Yeah ppl around here tend to be too supid to read...so yeah, what are your temps, is thermal throttling disabled yet? (not sure where it is on an MSI board :()

Also List your COMPLETE system specs.

562078[/snapback]

AMD 3800+ Venice OC'ed to 2.5ghz. (for now)

MSI KN8-F2

4x512mb PC-3200 of Kingston Valueram

Vision Tek XTASY X850XTPE

Maxtor 120 gb

Antec case w/ personal custom mods

Antec TruPower2.0 550

Temps look good around 41deg C at idle, well I think there good anyway.... and about 50degC under load! I'm at work right now so I can't play with the cpu throttling, I will have to check it when I get home in a while.

Yes!! I'm glad to see some of you reading I will have to re-tract my previous wordage! :lol:

ok thoes temps are kinda high for stock voltage...my 3000+ @2.37 on stock cooling was runing cooler than that It MAY be throttling itself at that temp, though i doubt it, definatly try it when you get home and we'll got form there :D

make sure cool-n-quite is disabled. also your board uses a via chipset... also check to make sure spread spectrum is off also. and run benchmarks.

562092[/snapback]

swifty had a couple of good points there. via chipset isn't the best regardless of what some may say. Another thing I noticed is you are using Kingston value ram in a 4x512MB setup. What are the timings? I am willing to bet that memory is being a bottleneck.

btw, CC I am insulted! If you had read the post right before yours you would see that I was making a statement that I read all posts. :P practice what you preach lol. :lol:

j/p with ya! :P

swifty had a couple of good points there. via chipset isn't the best regardless of what some may say.

562108[/snapback]

awww, i feel good about my self now :lol: your my favorite nicest guy... next to verran anyways :lol: and imo unless your via chipset isnt a "pro" version, it wont o/c for **** or maintain stabability.

Another thing I noticed is you are using Kingston value ram in a 4x512MB setup. What are the timings? I am willing to bet that memory is being a bottleneck.

562108[/snapback]

Try to OC with just one stick of 512MB RAM, use also a divider to be sure .. My KVR do 225MHz at stock timings without problems, but check anyway

swifty had a couple of good points there. via chipset isn't the best regardless of what some may say. Another thing I noticed is you are using Kingston value ram in a 4x512MB setup. What are the timings? I am willing to bet that memory is being a bottleneck.

btw, CC I am insulted! If you had read the post right before yours you would see that I was making a statement that I read all posts. :P practice what you preach lol. :lol:

j/p with ya! :P

562108[/snapback]

ok here are the details from CPU-Z

CPU-Z Report

CPU-Z version 1.30.

CPU(s)

Number of CPUs1

NameAMD Athlon 64 3800+

Code NameVenice

SpecificationAMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+

Family / Model / SteppingF F 2

Extended Family / ModelF 2F

Brand ID4

PackageSocket 939

Technology0.09

I didn't see your command rate in that list. Do you know if it is set to 1t or 2t?

562219[/snapback]

2T I'm pretty sure. I disabled the Quiet n Cool mode and I'm fixing to check on the driver updates. The RAM timings they look alright....right? I'm not really seeing where the RAM could be the issue, however I am definetly not an expert on all this,lol!