Issues With Amd 3800+ Venice Cpu!

I think maybe you could unplug everything,hook up the intel and  ;) take the AMD into the kitchen,put it in the sink and turn on the garbage disposal.  LOL

562722[/snapback]

...ehhh...well, if it comes to that, send me the 3800 and watch me stomp bgmat and LK71 in all the benchmarks :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe you could unplug everything,hook up the intel and  ;) take the AMD into the kitchen,put it in the sink and turn on the garbage disposal.  LOL

562722[/snapback]

eeerrrr right!!!!!!......How much you wanna bet my 3400+ which isn't near as powerful as his 3800+ would stop that Intel chip if he hooked it back up and went one on one with me in a benchmarking contest.

btw, welcome to OCC. You obviously are an intel fanboy noob but that is ok. Seen your kind switch to the darkside many of times after seeing the light. :P

eeerrrr right!!!!!!......How much you wanna bet my 3400+ which isn't near as powerful as his 3800+ would stop that Intel chip if he hooked it back up and went one on one with me in a benchmarking contest.

btw, welcome to OCC. You obviously are an intel fanboy noob but that is ok. Seen your kind switch to the darkside many of times after seeing the light. :P

562748[/snapback]

LOL, What should the hyper transport by set at, maybe that could be causing some of my problems? Any comments on the benchmarks posted above!!

Welcome, LK71, I may have to do just that with this AMD but I guess I'll stick it out for awhile longer til I can get all the bugs worked out of it.LOL......Hey AMD jumbled up spells MAD....LOL :lol:

to answer your benchmark question. No those are horrible scores for your system. Lets compare them to my system for why I say that.

My system...

3400+(single channel)

x800xt-pe

your system...

3800+(dual channel capable)

x850

your 3dmark03 score at stock: 9,906

my 3dmark03 score at stock: 12,242

your aquamark3 score at stock: 64,947

my aquamark3 score at stock: 70k+

Now your system is a better system than mine and it should have scored higher in both of those tests. I still say it has somethig to do with your memory. I just think that memory is bottlenecking you. Also I know you said you checked for chipset drivers but did you update your video card drivers?

to answer your benchmark question. No those are horrible scores for your system. Lets compare them to my system for why I say that.

My system...

3400+(single channel)

x800xt-pe

your system...

3800+(dual channel capable)

x850

your 3dmark03 score at stock: 9,906

my 3dmark03 score at stock: 12,242

your aquamark3 score at stock: 64,947

my aquamark3 score at stock: 70k+

Now your system is a better system than mine and it should have scored higher in both of those tests. I still say it has somethig to do with your memory. I just think that memory is bottlenecking you. Also I know you said you checked for chipset drivers but did you update your video card drivers?

562786[/snapback]

Yeppers! The vc drivers are up to date along with every thing else. Is there anyway you can explain to me why this memory would cause this much trouble, I guess I'm just a little on the slooow side and I just don't follow how this could be such a major bottleneck. Apparently something is wrong and I won't be happy til I can get this thing to sprout wings and fly and/ or launch a space shuttle with it, lol!!

Well first of all it is Kingston Value ram which automatically puts it as a horrible performing ram lol. You have 4x512MB which makes it harder to OC the ram which that isn't your problem here though because you are not OCing. cpu-z says your dram frequency is running at 166mhz @ timings of 2.5-3-3-7, 2T which is freaking horrible(no offense). Until you get some ram that can run at least as good as 200mhz @ 2-2-2-5, 1T then you are gonna continue to have a bottleneck. In comparison I have some Gskill PC4400LE ram that at stock speeds(which is what I compared our bench scores at) does 200mhz @ 1.5-2-2-5, 1T. Yours stock vs. mine stock: not only is my ram running 44mhz faster but my timings are MUCH tighter at 1.5-2-2-5, 1T vs. 2.5-3-3-7, 2T.

Is this starting to make sense as to why I say your ram is a MAJOR bottleneck?

Yeah for the most part. Can't the ram be forced to run at 200mhz from the bios? What about the hyper transport setting, should it be set maybe at a lower # than x5? One last question and we'll wrap this one up until I can get some new ram....Is there any way that it is the mobo???as well as sucky @$$ ram? :huh: Nerm, you likey the tight ram, uh?? LMAO!!

[iNTEL! INTEL! INTEL! INTEL!INTEL! :typing: :smack:So how much does the AMD "special super sensitive ram" gonna cost??? With Intel,slap it in and roll with it whipping up on the AMD's hehe unbelievable...... B:)

Edited by LK71

[iNTEL! INTEL! INTEL! INTEL!INTEL! :typing::smack:

562801[/snapback]

There was a time when I felt that way, but now I see the light...

And I had some trouble with my upgrade to my current system from an intel celeron, what made the biggest difference was getting better ram. I think with a superior processor like that, you have to complement it with superior ram.

Yeah for the most part. Can't the ram be forced to run at 200mhz from the bios? What about the hyper transport setting, should it be set maybe at a lower # than x5? One last question and we'll wrap this one up until I can get some new ram....Is there any way that it is the mobo???as well as sucky @$$ ram? :huh:  Nerm, you likey the tight ram, uh?? LMAO!!

562798[/snapback]

well on your system the ram should run at 200mhz by default so I am not sure why it is only running at 166mhz. Check in your bios to make sure the "DRAM ratio" is set to auto or 200mhz. No the HTT multi only needs to be lowered if you OC the system. It wouldn't affect the stock settings performance any. I also doubt it is the mobo unless the mobo is having trouble with the ram hense the reason it is only running at 166mhz, but I am not sure on that. What mobo do you have? You probably already posted it but I am too lazy to look back through this thread lol.....You could get some good ram to go with that system like Patriot XBL, Gskill, etc, for a pretty reasonable price now days. Oh and yes I like my ram tight just like I like my car's handling, my women, eeeer ummmm yea you get the idea lol. :lol: ..."tighter the better" :D

LK71, in case you don't know good ram will add to an Intel systems performance just like it will to an AMD system....Since you so believe intel can whoop up on an AMD system how about you and I go one-on-one in a benchmark system. Your precious Intel vs. my weak AMD. :D

well on your system the ram should run at 200mhz by default so I am not sure why it is only running at 166mhz. Check in your bios to make sure the "DRAM ratio" is set to auto or 200mhz. No the HTT multi only needs to be lowered if you OC the system. It wouldn't affect the stock settings performance any. I also doubt it is the mobo unless the mobo is having trouble with the ram hense the reason it is only running at 166mhz, but I am not sure on that. What mobo do you have? You probably already posted it but I am too lazy to look back through this thread lol.....You could get some good ram to go with that system like Patriot XBL, Gskill, etc, for a pretty reasonable price now days. Oh and yes I like my ram tight just like I like my car's handling, my women, eeeer ummmm yea you get the idea lol. :lol: ..."tighter the better" :D

LK71, in case you don't know good ram will add to an Intel systems performance just like it will to an AMD system....Since you so believe intel can whoop up on an AMD system how about you and I go one-on-one in a benchmark system. Your precious Intel vs. my weak AMD. :D

562823[/snapback]

Its an MSI K8N Neo2-F! I think LK71 really likes Intel...lol I can't wait to see who comes out on top! :lol::foldon: