Sign in to follow this  
computerfreakxv

New Laptop

well we need to know a bit more like how big is to big and how much battery do you want???

But here is what i would recomend to be able to play games with.

Dell 9300 with the nvidia 6800

Dell Xps2 or m170 with the 6800ultra or 7800gtx

Sager 5720 with the 7800gtx

http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/noteboo...roductType=5720

The 5720 would be my first choice then any of the dells. the 9300 i am guessing would get the most battery life but i am not sure how much power the 7800gtx uses in the m170 and the 5720. also if you go dell get it through the outlet or wait for a 30-40% off coupon.

Edit:

All of those are 17" laptops if you are looking for a smaller on i think the best video card is the x700. also www.notebookforums.com normaly has good reviews on newer laptops

Edited by Sylo

I'm looking for a 17", but if it starts to push the 2000.00 max budgets then I might have to re-consider. I'm not going to be gaming 24-7 on it, but I would like for it to be able to run any game that I'd like with descent settings.

I work at BestBuy, so I can get a minor discount on laptops. The one that I

for your budget a 9300 from dell is a great idea i got two last week and will be recieving them on the 20th . Fxxp works for dell and he guided me in that direction. (EVEN THOUGH HE DOESNT DEAL WITH END USER PRODUCTS)

the 9300 is very great laptop for the price i paid 1350 for mine a few months ago. the gate way with the x700 will get another hour or more battery life but wont game as well so depending on what you would rather have.

Yeah the nice thing about Dell is if you go with the standard Return to Depot warranty, the average turnaround time for getting the notebook back is roughly 5-7 business days, so that is shipped, fixed and returned. But if you get the next business day Onsite warranty, then it is that much quicker and the tech & parts come to you.

Definitely wait for the coupons to come out, as they cause nice price drops on the machines.

Fxxp works for dell and he guided me in that direction. (EVEN THOUGH HE DOESNT DEAL WITH END USER PRODUCTS)

I work with Fxxp and we deal in corporate support, not consumer customers. He does desktop support, and I do printer support.