Sign in to follow this  
lucky13*

Wow Or Gw

Which one is your fav?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your fav?

• WoW
    • Guild Wars

wanting to try one of these two games. what are some selling points of each.

neither! Send your money to me!

Naw, jk, I'd go wiht guildwars, as i was in both betas and uhh i didnt like either but guildwars was better, and there is no monthly fee. So, IMO go with guildwars. :D

wow, if you have $

guildwars if you dont, guildwars is basically wow, but 1/2 the options skills etc, graphics :) if you get what i mean, wow is expansion version of gw imo

Where's BF2 in the poll?

I already know BF2 is good. trying to figure out which of these is better. they look about the same

personally I would go with GW because of the lack of monthly fee.

But I dont think I'd play it :P

I was in the alpha test for GW but dropped out because I got sick of it. I know some things have changed, but not much. I'd save up your money for something better. There's so many games coming out now, and with the holidays soon approaching, even more will be out soon. F.E.A.R. is out in 3 days if u like FPS, AOE III in 4 days if you like RTS, Elder Scrolls IV next month if you like RPG. So many great games to choose from. The only MMO's I'm looking forward to are Hellgate: London (if you consider that an mmo) and Huxley. But both have no estimated release dates as of yet.

wow, if you have $

guildwars if you dont, guildwars is basically wow, but 1/2 the options skills etc, graphics :) if you get what i mean, wow is expansion version of gw imo

560038[/snapback]

I disagree with you here.. I hate WoW's graphics, its like.. weird, maybe cartoonish, i dunno but i hate it. IMO guildwars has better graphics. And also, I dont know whats up with that 3D fire-spark thing that they use, and used in warcraft3, i hated it in both games. And if you have no idea what im talking about, its fire like this: fire.jpg

guildwars is very different from wow, and besides, guildwars will have .. uh 7 chapters if im not mistaken, each will have new skills, maps, races, and stuff. I dunno, get whatever you like, but not WoW. :D:P

anyways, get either one.

the pvp was usually fun (IF you had a good team), but the rest of the game was sub-par. I just felt it took too much time with little reward to show for it. At least in other mmo's and rpg's your time spent is arguably worth it. I followed the game for months before getting accepted into the invite-only alpha test, and was a huge proponent of GW at the time, but IMO, they started making all these changes that just ruined the game. I feel they tried to do too much at once. If you're looking for an MMO, GW is not for you. It's NOT an MMO, Arena Net will even admit that. The no monthly fee is appealing, for sure, and if it was a true mmo like eq, daoc or wow, then it'd be a substantial "feature," but they decided to change the structure of an "mmo" as well, and thus, you can't really say it's a fee-less mmo.

But if you're a fan of pvp, then it's probably a good game to get. shrug.

EDIT: if i had the time and money, I'd probably still be playing DAOC...that was a great MMO...so it's not that I'm against MMO's or the "grind," it's just that I don't feel GW fulfills that

Edited by ClayMeow

one thing to remember is that you have to at least get a few friend cuz its no fun all on your own in WoW

I have both games and enjoy WoW about a billion times more than GW. GW was a lame game with minimal items and quests compared to WoW. Get WoW :)