How To Punish Your Dog.

Ste

huh? I got absolutely nothing out of reading that post. I read it twice and came away with less than if i had never read it at all. I want my 37 seconds back please...

560170[/snapback]

then you must not be very perceptive, because i understood that post the first time i read it

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? I got absolutely nothing out of reading that post. I read it twice and came away with less than if i had never read it at all. I want my 37 seconds back please...

560170[/snapback]

its ok, its only for people in high school and a cruel intention who can understand, sorry old timers cant read this :P

Who trains their kids with pain? A crappy parent is who.  Sure, you may grow up with tougher skin but the benifits of that are surely outweighed by the psychological problems.  You don't earn respect by hitting your kids?  Doesn't mean you go all soft on your kids and let them do whatever you want... It just means hitting your kids will only create more problems.  Yes, dogs are animals... so are we.... what's your point?  You ask "who gives a rats butt about how they feel".  You're in the minority if you think abusing animals is OKAY.  We already went over the difference between good "hitting" and bad hitting... and how the hot sauce is just bad all around.

560166[/snapback]

So I guess you are one of those "Don't spank your kid you will squelsh(sp?) their personality" kind of people lol......Spanking a kid is not going to hurt them psychologically. My parents punished me when I was growing up by spankings, smacking, or whatever was right for the moment lol. I have all the respect in the world for them.....Now whoever said if you are going to punish your dog do it immediately when they do something. That I will agree with because if you wait until later they are not going to know why in the hell you are punishing them. That is why I say if they do something bad immediately give them a swift kick, slap, pinch, or whatever to get the idea across to them that what they just did was wrong.

Nerm nerm nerm.....thats kinda like comparing apples and oranges.....I did mention swatting your dog with a rolled up paper....that works....just like smacking a child on the hand .....it doesnt really hurt them....but it shocks them. You CAN discipline a pet without hurting them....just like you can discipline your child without hurting them. I'm not one of those people who believe in a "time out" as punishment or whatever. I believe in spanking....but theres a big difference in spanking and hurting...wether your talking about a child or a dog. Spankings dont neccessarily have to hurt either.....I know my dad only had to lay his belt in front of me and it worked....just like with a dog..after a while...all you have to do is carry a rolled up newspaper and they remember what its for. When it comes to people inventing ways to punish their dog just for craps and giggles...thats cruel. Use common sense. No, an animal isnt a human...but you should care about your pets....love them...not want to treat them like that. Don't do something to your pet that you wouldn't want done to you....plain and simple...also...don't let me see you do it...because most likely....you'll get a hot sauce bottle stuck up your arse ;-).

Celt, don't talk about sticking a hot sauce bottle up my butt. I am not the one that did that with the hot sauce.....I also realize that the severity of punishment varies from child to child. For example you said all your dad had to do was get his belt out to get the point across. I was one of those kids where my dad would whip me with anything he could find until I had bulging red marks and I still just looked at him as if to say "Is that all you got?" I was just a tough kid so it took more to discipline me. And with animals I guess you could also say the severity of punishment varies from pet to pet. For example you may only need to squirt a cat with water but if you try that with your dog it will probably just try to drink the water lol so you use a newspaper or whatever to get the dogs attention....Remember that pain is a part of life. The better your kids understand this the better prepaired they will be when the trials of life strike..........Call me old fashioned or cruel or whatever but I believe in the old school way of raising children. It worked for my anccestors(sp?), my parents and it worked for me.

lol...it was a joke nerm....and it wasnt actually directed toward you....I said if I see someone doing it...anyway...theres a difference in old school punishment and being cruel. Yes some dogs are tougher to train than others(same with kids)....but like I said...you don't have to go inventing ways to punish them. I've actually been involved in canine training....even the dumbest or meanest dogs could be trained without pinching them...pulling their tails, ears, etc etc. It can be done. I also said that doing things like punishing your dog because you're bored and you want something to do..is cruel. If you think you HAVE to be cruel to your pets...then maybe you just shouldn't have them.

Oh and about the water bottle thing...I thought that was just a cat thing...since they dont like water. Also...training is best started when a dog is still a puppy...after that they are harder to train.

I get extremely deffensive when I see people harming their pets....as well as their kids. I've gotten in many fights because of it lol....and i'm like one of the most shy, quiet, laid back people you'll ever meet. I've seen women slapping their kids across the face......as well as people kicking their dogs.....I will do something about it if I see it.....it usually doesnt end well :rolleyes:

Edited by CelticaFLM

That isnt what he's talking about KB...we're talking about giving it to a dog just for the hell of it...out of sheer boredom. A dog can't exactly ask what he's being fed..he typically just trusts his master...also their digestive systems cant handle it as well as ours...like i said before...burns all the way through...and on the way out...ouch.

Edited by CelticaFLM

And I'd do that to someone for fun as well.

Live with the fact that there are sadistic bastards out there.

560748[/snapback]

LOL kb..yeah i'd do that to a person for the heck of it too...an adult anyway....practical jokes are fun..and fair when someone can get you back :-p.

Anyway...thats part of the problem kb...if a person just goes aroung in their little rose colored glasses...looks over everything...and is like..oh well it happens...then nothing will ever change....if I see someone abuseing a child...a person..an animal whatever...I will do everything within my power to stop it....you know the saying...if you're not part of the solution..you're part of the problem ;-).