How To Punish Your Dog.

Ste

Nerm so we are not animals?? Come on. So you are saying dogs are not alive? They do not feel pain like we do? Look at their eyes it tells you how they feel. When you kick them, they don't squeal? I guess that they just do that just for fun. Giving a dog a hot sauce is not a good as you think it is. It is like giving a tums to a seagull.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nerm so we are not animals?? Come on. So you are saying dogs are not alive? They do not feel pain like we do? Look at their eyes it tells you how they feel. When you kick them, they don't squeal? I guess that they just do that just for fun. Giving a dog a hot sauce is not a good as you think it is. It is like giving a tums to a seagull.

560116[/snapback]

Are dogs human?? Did I say they are not alive? No I did not. Yes they feel it when you punish them just like your kid feels it when you spank him/her......Dogs are animals. They are not human so why treat them like they are?........So should we start sending dogs to their room when they are bad? lol.....

Bionix, some dogs do need be hurt to learn a lesson. Some don't, it all depends on the dog. Take my dog for instance. I would never seriously hurt her even the times when she drawn blood from me(playing and she bit too hard) I didn't do anything. But other times when she draws blood from my grandparents(scratching their arms/legs with thin skin) she gets smacked on the nose. Not hard but enough to get her attention, she also gets yelled at at the same time. She normally does it again right away, so she gets a harder smack. If she continues doing after multiple smacks and yellings, she'll get a closed fist on top of the head. Even this does not work sometimes because she is a golden retriever. Golden retrievers are not like other dogs, they HAVE to be touched by someone. We've tried obedience school. Guess what. She got kicked out of 5 of them. FIVE!

Also. I wasn't saying that I beat my dog. I quick smack to the nose is all she normally gets. Also. Yes, a dogs tongue is more sensitive, and he said he only put ONE drop which will in no way at all damage their digestive system. Whoever said that needs to relax but yes, you do need to punish them right away otherwise they don't know what they are being punished for. I'm not saying we should be cruel to them but putting ONE drop of hotsauce on their tongue is not cruel as long as it right after the wrong doing.

Edited by hockeyrcks9901

The difference between spanking your kids and punishing your dog is easy. You can communicate with your kids far more easily than you can with your dog. When your kids do something bad, they know it because you tell them, and they get spanked.

When your dog does something bad, it typically doesnt know any better, contrary to popular belief. And while your off getting the hot sauce, the dog has already moved onto 2 or 3 different trains of thought, it doesnt even remember being on your couch.

A quick loud smack on the hiney works fine. With dogs, kids, the wife, whatever. I wouldnt give hot sauce to my dog as a punishment, and I wouldnt give hot sauce to my kids as a punishment.

What Ste did is the mark of an irresponsible pet owner. Yes, its just an animal, and nobody here is going to say it is more important than human life, but you are in sole control of that animal's well being, and you are not doing a very good job. I certainly wouldnt want you being in charge of any person or animal I know.

A quick loud smack on the hiney works fine. With dogs, kids, the wife, whatever.

560125[/snapback]

LOL, the wife? Last I checked when I smack my fiance on the hiney it wasn't for punishment hahahahaha :lol:

my wife always says i spoil the heck out of mydog but i tell shes my baby and not to mess with me or else me and my bit<h will walk out on her . i say it as a joke but i do really care for my lil dogs shes actually kept a lot of arguments from escalating cuz she barks when the wife yells at me . lol good dog mans best friend

560044[/snapback]

LOL. thats funny :lol:

Are dogs human?? Did I say they are not alive? No I did not. Yes they feel it when you punish them just like your kid feels it when you spank him/her......Dogs are animals. They are not human so why treat them like they are?........So should we start sending dogs to their room when they are bad? lol.....

560117[/snapback]

we should have democrats as pets :lol: j/k

Who trains their kids with pain? A crappy parent is who. Sure, you may grow up with tougher skin but the benifits of that are surely outweighed by the psychological problems. You don't earn respect by hitting your kids? Doesn't mean you go all soft on your kids and let them do whatever you want... It just means hitting your kids will only create more problems. Yes, dogs are animals... so are we.... what's your point? You ask "who gives a rats butt about how they feel". You're in the minority if you think abusing animals is OKAY. We already went over the difference between good "hitting" and bad hitting... and how the hot sauce is just bad all around.

nice attempt to make this another no-win political thread. KB would be proud of you    :rolleyes:

560167[/snapback]

im sure he would, but who really cares about animals... only people who would take care of them properly, all in all my point is, take good and proper care of your pets or dont even bother having one. i dont have the time nor need for a pet, besides you can treat people like animals :lol:

im sure he would, but who really cares about animals... only people who would take care of them properly, all in all my point is, take good and proper care of your pets or dont even bother having one. i dont have the time nor need for a pet, besides you can treat people like animals :lol:

560169[/snapback]

huh? I got absolutely nothing out of reading that post. I read it twice and came away with less than if i had never read it at all. I want my 37 seconds back please...