Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Senator Bill Frist Under Investigation

First DeLay and now Frist! Starting to see a pattern? Apparently Frist is accused of insider trading as he sold some stock he owned in a company that belonged to his relatives days before the stock's value dropped.

Bill Frist under investigation (Reuters)

Heh, funny. From the article:

Frist, viewed widely as a potential 2008 presidential candidate,
I don't think that's gonna happen...

Heh, funny.  From the article:  I don't think that's gonna happen...

559594[/snapback]

Nope. He got caught. A successful presidential candidate is too smart to get caught.

Wow, quick to pass judgement aren't we, boys? If there is one thing I've learnd in the past few months, it's to not listen to any news story until it's already over. Bill Frist, could he be guilty? Possibly. But just as the article says, he has been indicted, not convicted. Does the whole "innocent until proven guilty" clause have no standing when it is a Republican on trial? Has anyone thought that this could possibly be another Tom DeLay scenario? By the way, charges against DeLay are probably going to be dropped now that it is in the open that it was pure partisanship and false information that led to the indictment ;) . When it takes THREE presentations before THREE different grand jury's For Earle to deliver an indictment to someone...you know there has to be something fishy. The first two jury's rejected the case (Hint: virtually all indictments in America are made in the presense of the first grand jury it is proposed to, this indictment took three...).

http://www.hannity.com/index/news-app/stor...menu./sec./home. I think you intellectuals should hold judgement back for a while and take the time to soak up some info that spurs from these indictments, rather than just seeing that a Republican is on trial and automatically sentencing him to death. Is that kind of thought justified?

God bless America. :thumbs-up:

EDIT: I just realized that Dr. Frist hasn't even been formally indicted yet..which brings even more meaning to my above post. "Oh, he has been accused by someone of wrongdoing...he must be guilty!" Aristotle, if you want to talk about patterns, riddle me this: A BS indictment of the Republican House majority leader Tom DeLay, then just a week later, an attempted indictment of Republican Senate majority leader Bill Frist...before that we have accusations of Republican FEMA director Mike Brown being incompetent, then we have Karl Rove accused of a CIA Intelligence leak... then we have calls for Dick Cheney to step down due to his health issues... then we have the constant, everyday jabs at George Bush for being stupid, incompetent, and unpopular amongst the American people...THAT is what I call a pattern. sounds like somebody is going for the throat... :unsure: These next few years are going to be rough.

Wow, quick to pass judgement aren't we, boys?  If there is one thing I've learnd in the past few months, it's to not listen to any news story until it's already over.  Bill Frist, could he be guilty?  Possibly.  But just as the article says, he has been indicted, not convicted.  Does the whole "innocent until proven guilty" clause have no standing when it is a Republican on trial?

559651[/snapback]

That's funny! "Innocent until proven guilty?" Maybe 50 years ago, but not anymore. Well, kind of. If you're an average Joe Schmoe it's true, but if you're a celebrity or in the public eye for another reason, you've got a 50/50 chance. Even if you are guilty, you can still appeal as long as your bank account holds up, and hope to play a war of attrition.

Hannity, Lo? Come on, the last reliable place to get information is from a pundant. Just accept the fact that these people are corrupt, as most of them are, Frist and DeLay just got caught this time.

Lo your forgetting, the Dims are in a panick, they are finally out of power after some 60 years, they dont know how they could possible have lost.

Besides, need we go back to Bill Clinton???? It was just one thing after another, and yet you think he was the best president the US (or world) has ever seen. We had proof and you guys still said he was inoccent, But heaven forbid a republican even be ACUSED and automaticly guilty. Take a good look in the mirror, and then re-read the constitution, there is no such thing as freedom from religion, seperation of church and state, right privacy ect, ect, ect.

I think this insider trading crap is BS, hell i certainly woundn't keep my stock if someone said something might be happening and it sounded like a real possibility...

So you're suggesting that "liberal" news organizations have ill intentions and not public officials? Those poor, poor public officials and thier millions of dollars. :(

So you're suggesting that "liberal" news organizations have ill intentions and not public officials?  Those poor, poor public officials and thier millions of dollars. :(

559690[/snapback]

you are getting off track now. That has nothing to do with this thread or my previous post. You are just running around the fact that Tom DeLay is mot likely innocent.