Trojan.vundo

CheeseMan42

So norton pops up and says i have this virus. It can't get rid of it for some reason, so i use the removal tool, says its not on my system, and yet it is. I think I might have to do the manual removal. Anyone have any other suggestions?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now see, if you got ride of norton and used AVG or avasti you most likly wouldn't have this problem.

They are free how much better could it be!

Turn off System Restore, boot into Safe Mode and try running the removal tool. If that doesn't fix it, do a Google search on "trojan vundo" and you'll find several approaches on removing it manually.

google pwns joo.

559731[/snapback]

:withstupid: lol symantec doesn't suck... all the anti-virus programs do is #1 detect stuff #2 try to repair it #3 delete it #4 quaritine it Go into the symantec website and download a removale tool, got a bunch of worms in the past...

:withstupid:  lol symantec doesn't suck... all the anti-virus programs do is #1 detect stuff #2 try to repair it #3 delete it #4 quaritine it Go into the symantec website and download a removale tool, got a bunch of worms in the past...

559745[/snapback]

All I know is that, Ya never hear someone post about not being able to remove a Virus if they have AVG or avasti. Only if they got Norton or Synmatec (w/e @ Spellin).

All I know is that, Ya never hear someone post about not being able to remove a Virus if they have AVG or avasti.  Only if they got Norton or Synmatec (w/e @ Spellin).

559750[/snapback]

Cause Norton Anti-virus is pretty much the most used Anti-virus program out there

Turn off System Restore, boot into Safe Mode and try running the removal tool.  If that doesn't fix it, do a Google search on "trojan vundo" and you'll find several approaches on removing it manually.

559621[/snapback]

thats the best way to remove malware and stuff, safe mode and then remove

And once you do get rid of it unistall crappy norton

And get AVG Free

559622[/snapback]

norton sucks? they are some of the best business AV. besides avg doesnt have active script detectors like norton. and i used both and still continue to use norton unless i got an old rig that cant handle it.