Sign in to follow this  
NCC10281982B

Wrist Pain

sup,

As a result on repetitive motion from working food service and computer work I have tendinitises in my wrists. Or so the company health guy said. And they make poping sounds. So doing things like push ups (after 10 reps or so) hurts like crazy. Is there a brace I can get or somthing to deal with this? These 12 inch arms are pathetic.

Avoid the computer for a few days.. durin gthe summer break, I had that problem too... now with school... well I am forced to be away from my computer :lol: so my wrists are fine again :)

You probley just sprained it.. I do it all the time.. Get an wrist guard and it will go away in days.. Goto your local drug store they sell braces

dont stay on the computer for too long, pretty soon you may develop cripple tunnel syndrom (w/e you say it) and/or authritis.

i used to get tendinitis all the time from playing alot of piano + gaming.

i fixed it with 4-5 days away from activities that brought in on...

a wrist strap is best, but nothing will make it better until you take a break from the system at least, a strap only helps to speed healing and prevent it from happening again.

you could also look into magnetic ones, they are supposed to increase bloodflow to those areas so damage is less likely to happen.

bottom line, take a break

i dont think you need a brace for this kind of thing. Just stretch it out, get off the computer and it should go away on it's own. If it hurts really bad I'm sure u could take some kind of over the counter drug to reduce the pain. My wrists used to get pretty soar when I worked out too (probobly from the computer). It eventually just went away.

The tendinitis was diagnosed like a year ago. Sense then i have left the deli and the problem has persisted, though it has gotten better. My job requires the use of a POS keyboard and touch screen so I can't get completely away from comp usage. Extended periods of typing causes forearm cramps, though I suspect that to be attributed to the mild palsy.

I'll look into the braces.

THX

Guest Silenc3

You are going to die.

Since the subject topic question had been answered, I felt acustomed to bringing the topic, off topic.

You are going to die.

Since the subject topic question had been answered, I felt acustomed to bringing the topic, off topic.

558891[/snapback]

lmao, RIP :lol:

Look, this is how it works. I've had severe tendonitis in both wrists as well, along with working as a server for several years, I understand. It's an inflamation of the tendons. A wrist brace will not help. The only way to remedy this is to take an anti-inflamatory medication. What I did was take three ibuprofen ($4 for a bottle of 150) three times a day, over a week or so it will start to go away. After about three or four weeks it will completely resolve. But I suggest taking it for up to about two weeks after it stops hurting. I'm not a doctor but I suggest you consult your doctor about taking heavy doses of ibuprofen. In overconsumption it can cause stomach ulsers, but I never had any problems taking three ibuprofen three times a day. You might want to back off to three ibuprofen two times a day after it starts to resolve. I hope this helps. :D