Sign in to follow this  
Vooduu

Need Help Booting New System

so today i finished building my 2nd system.when i booted it does not give the option to go into the bios.heres what the screen says.

bios rom checksum error

detecting floppy drive A media...

insert system disk and press enter

should it be doing this off the start?it came with the driver (floppy) for raid setup,but i am not gonna raid.

so anyways i inserted the floppy and see what would happen so i pressed enter and this came up.

detecting floppy drive A media...

disk formatted with winimage 4.00

no system disk.booting from hard disk

cannot load from hard disk

insert system disk and press any key

only disk's it came with was the drivers on cd and the raid driver on floppy.and what is the system disk they are reffering to.why wont it give me an option to go into bios?

btw thw mobo is a dfi 925x-t2

proccessor p4 3.6

1x2gb geil memory ddr2

anyone knows whats going on here?

thanks

Q: bios rom checksum error

A: use the bios reset jumper on the mobo, and possbily remove the cmos battery for a while so it'll drain out (unlikely, but there's a chance the bios is just bad)

Q: disk formatted with winimage 4.00

A: The floppy isn't bootable - it's got your raid drivers so MS will recognize it when you SET UP XP

Q: what is the system disk they are reffering to.

A: the system disk is a disk that contains an operating system. your driver floppy doesn't have one, so it's trying your hard drive - which apparently doesn't have one either

Q: why wont it give me an option to go into bios?

A: Probably because of the checksum error -see #1

-----------------------

Do you have a hard drive in the system yet? Didn't say in your post. You will also need a cd/dvd drive (got one in there?) to set up the OS, and the floppy will be needed if you're setting up a windows os.

I'd say you should probably look at getting the BIOS error corrected before trying to install/run any OS. Is this mobo new, or is there a possibility the previous owner fried it?

http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&...hecksum%20error

Q: bios rom checksum error

A: use the bios reset jumper on the mobo, and possbily remove the cmos battery for a while so it'll drain out (unlikely, but there's a chance the bios is just bad)

Q: disk formatted with winimage 4.00

A: The floppy isn't bootable - it's got your raid drivers so MS will recognize it when you SET UP XP

Q: what is the system disk they are reffering to.

A: the system disk is a disk that contains an operating system. your driver floppy doesn't have one, so it's trying your hard drive - which apparently doesn't have one either

Q: why wont it give me an option to go into bios?

A: Probably because of the checksum error -see #1

-----------------------

Do you have a hard drive in the system yet? Didn't say in your post. You will also need a cd/dvd drive (got one in there?) to set up the OS, and the floppy will be needed if you're setting up a windows os.

I'd say you should probably look at getting the BIOS error corrected before trying to install/run any OS. Is this mobo new, or is there a possibility the previous owner fried it?

http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&...hecksum%20error

558698[/snapback]

so the bios reset jumper is the cmos correct?

and yes i have everything ready like the cd/dvd drive,hard drive,ect

what are you doing building a computer with a DFI board when you don't know what a jumper is?

the reset jumper is on the mobo, probably by the battery

what are you doing building a computer with a DFI board when you don't know what a jumper is?

the reset jumper is on the mobo, probably by the battery

558786[/snapback]

yeah sorry i didnt make sense,im sick and didnt get that much rest lastnight and today.kinda out of it still.i tried that and still nothing.ill try to download a new bios and see what happens

You might want to check to make sure all your hardware is the right  specs for the mobo could be something you have that is throwing the whole thing in a fit.

558844[/snapback]

Also a good idea!

In addition to this, remove everything from the mobo that isn't required to boot the system. Just the cpu, ram, video. ONce you're sure everything is ok, add pieces back one at a time to make sure the system recognizes each part properly.