Sign in to follow this  
Nodgiles

754 Or 939 Thats The Question

So I recently picked up my x800pro and have decided that Im just not going to be happy with an socket A bottleneck. So now I have, a nice video card that is unfortunatly AGP. I say unfortunatly because most boards these days are being designed with pci-e. Now Im looking to upgrade and I really want to go 939 because itll be kickin for years to come. Id really love to have a DFI board because Ive heard soooo many great things about them. Unfortunatly, DFI does not make (as far as I can see) a socket 939 AGP board.

with the socket 939's the best board I can find is this MSI:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813130514

with a socket 754 I can pick up this DFI:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136147

Given these 2 options, what would you do? Replacing my video card is NOT an option. Will socket 754 be good enough, long enough, to warrent picking one up?

go 939... i have the delta-l/2500/corsairvs combo you got and i KNOW how much of a bottleneck it is...

the price difference is pretty much nothing and 939 is better...

Im not concerned about the price. I really want a good 939 board that I can overclock on. My Delta-l has been great to me, I picked it up almost by accident, not knowing how good of an overclocker it was. Needless to say I have a fancy for MSI now because of it. I guess at this time, its my only real option. . . /sigh It would be nice to get my hands on a DFI though.

I've used several MSI boards in the past and I think they are great. Not enough people use them. The last one I used to overclock a celeron northwood to 2.66Ghz just using the bios settings. I never had any problems. I say go with the 939 MSI.

well, I can say the rev B of DFI's 939 NF3 is coming very soon. they admitted problems with the first run... which seemed fine to me.

Swifty, all those DFI boards are pci-e, I dont think DFI is making a AGP 939. . .

2 weeks... just wait 2 weeks. they recalled the Lanparty NF3 ultra-D in favor of fixing it's problems and coming back with a rev 2... like I said in my last post.

2 weeks... just wait 2 weeks.  they recalled the Lanparty NF3 ultra-D in favor of fixing it's problems and coming back with a rev 2...  like I said in my last post.

558509[/snapback]

aye el capitan, I shall wait it out. . .

*waiting*

*still waiting*

"I hate waiting"

*continues to wait*

I vote Socket 939, with either an MSI or DFI board.