Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

General912

I didn't say 49% of America "knows so much that isn't so," I said that liberals "know so much that isn't so." Just because you voted for a democrat doesn't mean you are a liberal.  A liberal is a democrat, but a democrat is not a liberal.  The "liberals" I am referring to in that quote occupy an accute minority of the total voting population, not everyon who voted for John Kerry.

558850[/snapback]

even if it is 1% then you are saying that at least 30 million people are misinformed, and the way that you blatently disrespect that many of your fellow americans kinda pisses me off..

Edited by danyo64

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the new friendly Army. I am now finishing my 6th year and probably will get out. You're friend really need to suck it up and drive on. It may suck, but you make it that way for yourself. The Army is what you make of it. Thats how I see it. Everyone . and complain, but thats only natural. I made the greatest friends while in the Army and I met the dumbest people while I was serving. I also got to see many things people probably won't ever see including being able to work on George W. Bush ranch in Crawford, TX. I really never heard of the easy way out. Like someone said, you made a committment, which you're stuck with you signed above the line. The only way I can see things is talking to your Chaplin, but thats not going to get you far unless you have serious trouble. Your friend here, is he new to the Army like say still around in AIT? If so he still doesn't have the feel for the Army yet. You won;t get a feel till maybe after you PCS from your first duty station. Your first duty station is always going to suck. And you can't blame the Army for that. Mine was Fort Hood, TX, god that place sucked. But I do miss TX. Anyways being very long. So good luck to your friend, maybe you can provide more info on his situation. Later buddy.

Amen, thevarin! :withstupid:

even if it is 1% then you are saying that at least 30 million people are misinformed, and the way that you blatently disrespect that many of your fellow americans kinda pisses me off..

559338[/snapback]

I think danyo has officially gone overboard. It was an old Ronald Reagan quote (He was one of our presidents by the way ;) He looks kinda like the guy on my avatar). The quote was a joke, a joke told by Ronald Reagan, who was a joking man. :rolleyes:

General, you say you supported us putting a free government in for the people of Iraq, but now that we've done this, we should leave? You think that we are just there now to force our form of government on them? Our job is not done over there. Their government is still in its infancy. They JUST got their first constitution draft across the table, and they don't have a large enough standing army to defend themselves from the inevtiable ruthless terrorist attacks. We aren't forcing our government down their necks, they WANT to be a free, independent republic. The job is not done.

hey guys.... i was about to go to sleep so I don't ave time to read all the posts. 

But if he's that desperate can't he pretend to be gay?  Hasn't anyone seen In the army now? Lol?

559395[/snapback]

What if they make him kiss General? :lol:

hahahah

well is it at least true? Wouldn't he be kicked out?

edit:

on second though... they'd probobly just put him in charge of army fatigue fashion design. We all know soldiers want to look their best out there!

Edited by Bionix

Amen, thevarin! :withstupid:

I think danyo has officially gone overboard.  It was an old Ronald Reagan quote (He was one of our presidents by the way  ;)  He looks kinda like the guy on my avatar).  The quote was a joke, a joke told by Ronald Reagan, who was a joking man.  :rolleyes:

559392[/snapback]

soooo.. if i quote hitler does that make it any less offensive, if i quote some random racist person does that make the statement less racist???

and i know who ronald reagan is, and i also knew that your avatar is apic of him.

soooo.. if i quote hitler does that make it any less offensive, if i quote some random racist person does that make the statement less racist???

and i know who ronald reagan is, and i also knew that your avatar is apic of him.

559398[/snapback]

So you are inciting that, since I pasted a humorous Reagan quote on OCC, that I am, therefore, a firm believer of that quote? Well, if you think so, then you're right. I do believe that the basis of that joke is very true. The one thing I find ridiculous is how anyone can be offended by it, or even care enough to waste your time to make a reply about it. That's kinda petty and not worth anyone's time... Just because someone pastes a quote or a joke, that does not mean you are supposed to be offended by it. If you were to paste something about dumb, ignorant, Texas hicks, I wouldn't be up in arms about how much that offends me and how the posters' disregard for my inbred emotions is utterly disgusting.

:blink:

You took one of my regular aphorisms and let it penetrate your emotions. It wasn't meant to be taken like that. In fact, it was meant to be read, and disregarded, yet add a little humor to the post. That wasn't even the topic of my post, but somehow that is what was zeroed in on.

its not that quote specifically, its the number of times that i have heard u and various others blatently disrespect liberals in general, which i find to be very prejudiced.

and the first bunch of times i read posts like that i just passed them over, but they just dont stop..

Edited by danyo64

Guest Flashstar

May I ask a question? Why are the political threads the longest (besides 3 word story time)? Why must we argue over something like this on a computer forum? Why is everyone taking the bull crap from some of the members to heart? Can't we let the soldiers fight the war? If you don't like the US or what it does, then LEAVE! I think that the people on this forum who have strong feelings about politics should get out and make a difference, because one thing's for sure, what we say here will not make any difference to what happens in real life. Get out and vote, get out and run for office, run a campaign, do something besides wasting your time here discussing seemingly endless matters on this forum!

Just my 2 cents. ;)

Edited by Flashstar