Sign in to follow this  
General912

Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

Never!

I will shall never give up till the tyrant empire is crumpled like a cookie.. Speeking of cookies Im hungry...

In that case, may the Schwartz be with you!

558797[/snapback]

My Schwartz is bigger then your Schwartz

sooo.. u live assuming that abour 49% (asuming voting averages represent america aproximately appropriatly) "know so much that isnt so", sorry but cant agree with you on that one. they just have different influenes in their lives which cause them to form different opinions with the same facts.

558738[/snapback]

I didn't say 49% of America "knows so much that isn't so," I said that liberals "know so much that isn't so." Just because you voted for a democrat doesn't mean you are a liberal. A liberal is a democrat, but a democrat is not a liberal. The "liberals" I am referring to in that quote occupy an accute minority of the total voting population, not everyon who voted for John Kerry.

i never even said they invaded iraq for oil, said everyone loves it. my opinon is bush went in their to finish what his dad didnt get to finish due to the social climate back in the U.S. and i say he's doing a d*** good job. plus i dont see why some people who want to take out all our troops now when their is still alot more work to be done. sure they may have taken out alot of insurgents and many of the republican guard, but their goverenment is fairly new and needs someone to protect their land so they can worry about other things like their economy and the welfare of their people. if we were to take them out now, will the ones who die, die in vain for an unfinished job. lets not let something like Vietnam War happen again. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, if you dont support our president then. let them finish their job and then go home. quiting on something your son, daughter, brother, or sister died for isn't very kind of you.

One thought about the whole "I support the troops but not the war" catchphrase...

I support the doctors but not surgery.

I support teachers but not education.

I support farmers but not commercial agriculture.

I support the pilots but not flying airplanes.

And so on...

Do you see how fantastically illogical this sentiment is?

Pretending to support the troops but not their mission is a slap in the face to the troops, I have a few friends who have served or ar currently serving in both Iraq and Afganistan.

Support the troops BY supporting their mission, only with a successful end to their current mission will those who have paid the ultimate price for Afgani/Iraqi freedom and in a larger sense American security will be shown honour. I heard someone turn that idiotic catchphrase around to "I support the war, but not the troops."

Our troops are fighting this war, along with people stateside who are also fighting this war against those who want the same thing the terrorists do...

Us to pull out of the middle east completely, some nasty allies you guys have there, though they would kill you just as fast as they would kill me.

Think about that.

One thought about the whole "I support the troops but not the war" catchphrase...

I support the doctors but not surgery.

I support teachers but not education.

I support farmers but not commercial agriculture.

I support the pilots but not flying airplanes.

And so on...

Do you see how fantastically illogical this sentiment is?

Pretending to support the troops but not their mission is a slap in the face to the troops, I have a few friends who have served or ar currently serving in both Iraq and Afganistan.

Support the troops BY supporting their mission, only with a successful end to their current mission will those who have paid the ultimate price for Afgani/Iraqi freedom and in a larger sense American security will be shown honour.  I heard someone turn that idiotic catchphrase around to "I support the war, but not the troops."

Our troops are fighting this war, along with people stateside who are also fighting this war against those who want the same thing the terrorists do...

Us to pull out of the middle east completely, some nasty allies you guys have there, though they would kill you just as fast as they would kill me.

Think about that.

558916[/snapback]

I dont agree with that man.. You might not support the war but you might have friends and family who are fighting.. I know several people in the military right now.I have friends and family who are serving right now.. I dont support the fight but I support them and pray for them every night. They are my friends and family.. Put it this way.. If your Brother went and did a crime of sometime and went to jail for it dose that mean your going to stop caring about him? You can support your family and friends desicion to fight but you dont need to support the cause they are fighting for.

I dont agree with that man.. You might not support the war but you might have friends and family who are fighting.. I know several people in the military right now.I have friends and family who are serving right now.. I dont support the fight but I support them and pray for them every night. They are my friends and family.. Put it this way.. If your Brother went and did a crime of sometime and went to jail for it dose that mean your going to stop caring about him? You can support your family and friends desicion to fight but you dont need to support the cause they are fighting for.

559228[/snapback]

The flaw in your analogy about your brother going to jail for commiting a crime is that you have related a criminal to a member of the family. Our soldiers are not criminals, they are fighting for a good cause. They are no the bad guys, Al Qaeda is. To support "them" but not what they do is just ridiculous.

No you missed understood I was trying to compair it like Duke compaired the whole

I support the doctors but not surgery... I wasent going for the idea that the they are bad. I was going for more of the idea of supporting someone who dose something that you dont think is right...

No you missed understood I was trying to compair it like Duke compaired the whole

I support the doctors but not surgery... I wasent going for the idea that the they are bad. I was going for more of the idea of supporting someone who dose something that you dont think is right...

559269[/snapback]

that's my point. Can you think of any analogies where there is a good person doing a good thing that you don't support? Duke's analogies are good. "I support surgeons, but not surgery," "I support plumbers, but not plumbing." Saying, "I support my brother, but not his criminal actions" is a given. Supporting a soldier, but not what he does is just dumb. If you support the troops, you support their mission, and you support what they do best. I think it sucks that you are against this war in the first place, but it makes it worse to hear you say that you really support the troops, but you don't support what they are over their fighting and dying for.

I support my friend fully when he went into the army. I told him that I didnt like what he was getting into.. I think its perfectly fine to support a friend who is in the army and not agree with the war itself.. I support that they gave the iraqi's a free government but we are done with that. I dont support the fact that we are still there trying to force our government on theirs. Think what you want man. But yah know what I think your wrong.. Theres no changing that.. I think that this topic has reach the peek of its exsistance. It should be closed now.. There is no point in aurging anymore if we know how eachother feel. I frankly think its just fine to support the troups and not support the administration and the war. Obviously your to into the whole bush is our savior thing. I think this is an unjust war. We went over there to "free Iraq" which we did our job is done. Lets pack up and go home. Enough of American blood has gone into it. If they dont want our help then fine they can kill themselfs. Frankly I dont care... I support that the troops are DOING THEIR JOB. Just like a Surgeons do their jobs. That is what im gettign at.. They might not like there job as alot of soliders dont... As people have previously stated BUT THEY DO IT.. Thats what I support. There are tons of soliders that dont like the war. So what are you going to say about that. Its like a Surgeon not liking to do Surgery? I mean come on the aurgment itself is stupid.. LET IT BE... Lets let this thread die now :)