Sign in to follow this  
General912

Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

This is sad I think if he wants out he has every right i know what its like I hate it. Do any of yoy know how hard it is not to be able to talk to your own father or your very close unlces about anything that has to deal with war. Flash backs not being able to sleep at night screaming i think all of this post is fing sad just sad ill be waiting for flames on this but i do understand some of you know what it is like you just can't admit it. Trained to kill is something horible and nothing anyone should have to go through yes i am proud of the U.S. but there has got to be another way look at our technology. But this is just my .02 cents i don't care what any other one of you think you just sit there and imagine not being able to talk to your OWN dad try it just once i dare you and your unlce and your grandpa. You wont like it. Sorry if i have offended anyone but im trully with leaving and im just like you wanksta i think thats how to spell it im gone if theres a draft see you bye america.

558598[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. Being trained to kill is horrible and it is sad that it is a necessity but make no mistake it is very necessary. Can you imagine if this Country was protected by a bunch of Steve Urkel clones? lol

and also the point some of you have made about the Military isn't for everybody are absolutely right. Some people just can't handle it. That is what basic is for. It is to weed out the wussies that can't make it from the ones that can make it.

You know what there is one thing i do like is the way they train it does keep you from getting hurt or killed and is esential to anything that is going to happen in a war. But just seeing this has made me mad as i have just lost a family member not to long ago due to this totaly pointless war that were in and getting killed over nothing. Just some things can make me snap and this type of thing makes it happen. But i understand that the training is esential to keep yourself from getting killed but still there has to be a more (i can't find the word i wana say lol) ways of doing so. I dunno i just have alot of ym family members that have went into war and me and my other cusins are the ones to break this cycle cause its not worth it and its not worth stoppig the family name over.

:EDIT: you are very right nerm i do agree with the training to weed out the people that wont be able to back up another soldier in a bad situation.

trained to kill is different than being indifferent to killing.  that's the part that people need to understand.

and like Lo said, I wouldn't worry about a draft.  we will NOT be involved in that scale of a ground war EVER again....  we have push button war now.  we can be 3 times as deadly with 1/10th the number of soldiers.  but on the flip side of that coin we need people at home BUILDING the weapon systems, missiles and so on...  not to mention others designing them...  we're more than likely to have a draft in tha department over the millitary.  hell if we so felt the need to...  we have the delete key for the entire planet.

558600[/snapback]

True,

maybe we should all go into weapon design and construction...

Short answer...

Your friend does not have the emotional strength to be an effective soldier, judging by what you have said here. He can not cut it.

However, he made a commitment and barring some cowardly way of cheating his way out, he will be held to his commitment.

He will be made a clerk, or cook, or driver, or mechanic. The Army has many jobs that need to be filled so the ones who are capable may fight.

Not trying to be harsh on your friend but guidance counsellors are in short supply in the military, the Army will use him where he can be useful, if his attitude does not improve (once again, going by what you wrote) he will find himself spending lots of time polishing brightwork and doing laundry, or in the brig.

--Duke Atreides, former US Navy

Edited by Duke Atreides

Well that was a bit off topic and a little ironic, but no worries, the likelyhood of there ever being a draft is slim to none.  How could you be such a proud American that you would volunteer to forfeit your citizenship to avoid fighting for it? :lol:  Even if a draft were to start, peoples' SSN's are lotted, the oldest being selected first.  If a draft ever starts, 22-24 year olds will be drafted before 18 year olds  ;) .  After the 22-24 year old supply has been exhausted, they begin to draft 19-21.  Once that supply is exhausted, they draft 18 year olds (keep in mind this has only happened twice in our history).  After 18 year olds are no longer available, the government resorts to 25-35 for their troops.  With the way the wars are fought now, there will most likely never be another draft, ever.  We no longer storm beaches with thousands of men under fire, we launch a tactical missile and blow the beach up.  We no longer send 1.5 million troops to fight in a war, we send a few thousand.  So don't worry about the draft, and go about being a proud American  ;)

558591[/snapback]

My grandfather was drafted for the korean war.. He lost several years of his life and wasent able to complete high school.. He came from a family of farmers. The volenteer army is the best idea... Your soliders are better trainned, they want to be there, and they dont have a problem with the cause they are fighting for... Unlike a draft in these times would surly cause Civil distress... I am a proud American and would fight for my rights if I felt they where being breached.. Other then that I dont see how can people fight for a cause that isnt even our own... We are still an Imperalistic Nation, No one can deny it.. We arnt in Iraq just to "free the Iraqis" we are also their for our own interests, and that reason isnt Just in my opinion...

Duke my father was in the navy too.. He enjoyed his time there. He was a ship store manager.. He made sure everyone was supplied.. Then again though we wernt in a time of war when he was in the services.. Plus Army and Navy are alot different...

Edited by General912

We are still an Imperalistic Nation, No one can deny it.. We arnt in Iraq just to "free the Iraqis" we are also their for our own interests, and that reason isnt Just in my opinion...

Everyone loves OIL. :D

OMG!! there are going to be sooo many conservatives here in like 2 minutes flamming u for saying that.. its gonna be ... wow..

True,

maybe we should all go into weapon design and construction...

558603[/snapback]

There's a lot of money there

...I dont see how can people fight for a cause that isnt even our own... We are still an Imperalistic Nation, No one can deny it.. We arnt in Iraq just to "free the Iraqis" we are also their for our own interests, and that reason isnt Just in my opinion...

558619[/snapback]

Very good, that is your opinion. Just remember that. It is your opinion that nobody can deny that we are an imperialistic nation, when the only time an outside land is made part of the US is when they want to be annexed. It is your opinion that we aren't there to free Iraqis, even though if we were their solely for the oil or other things, we would've been LONG gone by now, rather than staying there and losing hundreds of soldiers to rebuild a nation of free people. It is your opinion that we have some secret motive that, for some odd reason, has yet to be revealed even after three years of fighting.

Everyone loves OIL. :D

558644[/snapback]

Yeah, it's black, and it's expensive as hell...but you say it as if that is the reason we are over there? The war started three years ago; if it were for oil, why did I pay $2.85/gallon to fill up my vehicle yesterday? :huh: ...and no it's not because of corporate greed, or price gouging. It's because of supply and demand. If we are in one of the biggest oil-producing nations in the world (Iraq), why are our oil prices so high? Why is supply so low? It's because we aren't taking their oil. "Well, if we are over there and we aren't taking their oil...what ARE we doing in Iraq?" That is a great question! Perhaps one day we will know. Surely we aren't over there liberating oppressed people, opening schools, businesses, starting up new governments, defeating people who want to kill us, and restructuring a country that has been under the rule of a totalitarian despot for the past 25 years...oh no, that just makes too much sense. Surely there is something more...something deeper that the government is hiding from us. :thumbs-up: But that's just my opinion :lol:

OMG!! there are going to be sooo many conservatives here in like 2 minutes flamming u for saying that.. its gonna be ... wow..

558648[/snapback]

Flaming won't do any good unfortunately :( . Some people see it one way, and that's the only way it's gonna be. A smart man once said, "It's not that liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." I live by that quote now. :lol:

I knew this topic would shift to something about the war in Iraq and how bad it is, and how unjust it is, blah blah blah. As a blanket statement, if it is anyone's "opinion", do not say it as if it is fact. A fact goes like: "White people are white because they don't drink enough chocolate milk." An opinion goes like: "I think/believe white people are white because they don't drink enough chocolate milk."

Overall, I think it's pretty clear most of the people who've posted would like your friend to stay and serve out his term in the Army. It'll be one of the best decisions of his life, and a decision that will win him a lot of pride and respect in the future.

There's a lot of money there

Very good, that is your opinion. Just remember that.  It is your opinion that nobody can deny that we are an imperialistic nation, when the only time an outside land is made part of the US is when they want to be annexed.  It is your opinion that we aren't there to free Iraqis, even though if we were their solely for the oil or other things, we would've been LONG gone by now, rather than staying there and losing hundreds of soldiers to rebuild a nation of free people.  It is your opinion that we have some secret motive that, for some odd reason, has yet to be revealed even after three years of fighting.

558655[/snapback]

Its not an opinion it is fact.. We benifit from keeping our presance there. We recive benifits from making this nation "FREE", You can not deny the perks of war... If you do then well...... I wont say it, but I dont know a conservitive that will deny the fact that we are getting certian perks. We are going to take our sweet time rebuilding Iraq... Even President Bush has come out and said so... So belive what yah want man.... We did our job.. We are exploiting the Iraqis, its time to come home.. Let them do what they want. We do not need to be forcing our views on their government.. Its their choice... I say let them build their nation as they see fit.. Pull out right now...

Its their choice... I say let them build their nation as they see fit.. Pull out right now...

:withstupid: Totally agree. Let's sit back and watch a country collapse into civil war and genocide!!! Woot! Who's with me??

Long time, no post Duke Atreides. Welcome back. :)

i say stop being a pansy he made a commitment and he need to stick with it

so tell him to grow balls and be a man!

Flaming won't do any good unfortunately sad.gif . Some people see it one way, and that's the only way it's gonna be. A smart man once said, "It's not that liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." I live by that quote now. laugh.gif

sooo.. u live assuming that abour 49% (asuming voting averages represent america aproximately appropriatly) "know so much that isnt so", sorry but cant agree with you on that one. they just have different influenes in their lives which cause them to form different opinions with the same facts.

congrats on holding back though..

on the topic of your friend and the army, i think its kind of retarded to keep people in the army that dont want to be there.. if they end up going to war they will be less prepared and will be more likely to die doing something that they didnt want to do in the first place. why not train all of the people who want to be that much more to avoid more deaths.

Edited by danyo64