Sign in to follow this  
General912

Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

Maybe he can convince the army to fit him with bionic legs with optional rocket launchers.

I'm sorry, that was a little insensitive. :blush:

558533[/snapback]

Nah man that was fine. Its when people just think its ok to call someone they dont even know a idiot, and other things.. I was really disapointed by how the community reacted to this.. This is the kind of crap you used to get banned for... I guss the community has changed more then I thought...

Another reason why I think he wants out more is because of the fact that they took his airborne and ranger training away because of his legs. Thats all he wanted to do... That really upset him.. I think its more about the fact that he cant do what he want.. Him being home hasent helped much either.. He wants to stay because he missed us. Which is perfectly normal...

558527[/snapback]

How's that saying go? "when life hands you lemons, make lemondae"

It is too bad that what he wanted to do isn't available anymore, but that's just the way it works.

Excrement Occurs!

Since he can't do what he wanted, then there's gotta be another thing he'd be interested in doing. Maybe another MOS. Maybe crash-fire-rescue. Maybe EOD. Maybe armorer. Maybe a medic assigned to a Ranger unit. Maybe ??? Just because one job is out of the question doesn't mean the whole industry is the wrong answer for him now. He signed the contract, the govt now owns him for the next 4 years - might as well make the best of it, right? Yes, almost everyone that goes home during a hard time at work is gonna not want to return - that's normal. It's also normal that they pull their heads outta the sphincter and get back to work.

Well anyone ever think that maybe it isnt for him? I mean, the army dose alot of this training to root out the quiters right? Sometimes the army dosent go well with people... Another one of my friends (actully a friend of a friend) was in the army and told the drill sergent to . off, and well he got discharged.. Sometimes things dont work out as you plan.. Hell I think its ok if he wants out.

... this is just sad about some poeples prejudice against the military... they break you down as far as you go (trust me my dad is a drill sergeant in Fort Jackson South Carolina) They root out all of the people that is physicaly or mentally incapabale (no offennse but thats your friend) and that have the wrong kind of attitude. The army will not let people that are fat, "sissies", and just have a attitude problem... Its called disipline people.... Its amazing what my dad has to go through during basic.... Not to mention that the airborn or rangers are the ELITE, so if your friend can't handle basic than he most definitly won't handle the rangers

Edit: oh yeah and because of the politicions the military has to take in people that are just not supposed to be in the military, he has to deal with OFFICERS that have no clue what there doing.....

Edit 2: oops your friend sorry

Edited by Crazy_Dude

just tell, if he really doesn't like it, just quit, its his life, noone should tell him what he should do, unless he cares what others think, which till this day I can't see why people do.

non-violence is the best, if there is a draft, I'm running <--- proud American

558518[/snapback]

Well that was a bit off topic and a little ironic, but no worries, the likelyhood of there ever being a draft is slim to none. How could you be such a proud American that you would volunteer to forfeit your citizenship to avoid fighting for it? :lol: Even if a draft were to start, peoples' SSN's are lotted, the oldest being selected first. If a draft ever starts, 22-24 year olds will be drafted before 18 year olds ;) . After the 22-24 year old supply has been exhausted, they begin to draft 19-21. Once that supply is exhausted, they draft 18 year olds (keep in mind this has only happened twice in our history). After 18 year olds are no longer available, the government resorts to 25-35 for their troops. With the way the wars are fought now, there will most likely never be another draft, ever. We no longer storm beaches with thousands of men under fire, we launch a tactical missile and blow the beach up. We no longer send 1.5 million troops to fight in a war, we send a few thousand. So don't worry about the draft, and go about being a proud American ;)

This is sad I think if he wants out he has every right i know what its like I hate it. Do any of yoy know how hard it is not to be able to talk to your own father or your very close unlces about anything that has to deal with war. Flash backs not being able to sleep at night screaming i think all of this post is fing sad just sad ill be waiting for flames on this but i do understand some of you know what it is like you just can't admit it. Trained to kill is something horible and nothing anyone should have to go through yes i am proud of the U.S. but there has got to be another way look at our technology. But this is just my .02 cents i don't care what any other one of you think you just sit there and imagine not being able to talk to your OWN dad try it just once i dare you and your unlce and your grandpa. You wont like it. Sorry if i have offended anyone but im trully with leaving and im just like you wanksta i think thats how to spell it im gone if theres a draft see you bye america.

trained to kill is different than being indifferent to killing. that's the part that people need to understand.

and like Lo said, I wouldn't worry about a draft. we will NOT be involved in that scale of a ground war EVER again.... we have push button war now. we can be 3 times as deadly with 1/10th the number of soldiers. but on the flip side of that coin we need people at home BUILDING the weapon systems, missiles and so on... not to mention others designing them... we're more than likely to have a draft in tha department over the millitary. hell if we so felt the need to... we have the delete key for the entire planet.