Sign in to follow this  
General912

Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

all the people telling him "oh dont quit it shows ur a wuss" "u should have thought about it before"

why dont u freaking go into the army and see what hes going through. i broke both my arms and legs in tae kwon do drill training, i know what hes going through. and if u say, oh tae kwon do, thats just martial arts and sport, go to a drill seminar for 6 months. u wont say another word

559660[/snapback]

Well, some people are saying that, but I am saying he should stay because if he doesn't, he will regret it. I've been through most of the stuff you're talking about. I'm a third Dan in Tae Kwon Do, and I believe you 100% some of the stuff you have to do is worse than any other sport. I've been through a semi watered-down version of Army basics in ROTC, and I've been through US basics (which is NOTHING compared to army). I understand that his job is hard, but if he wants to be a ranger...he has to do get through it. If everyone quit something just because it were hard...we wouldn't be here today.

yea i know im just saying that people that havnt served should have no say that he should of thought of this first. i remember once i was out of tae kwon do for rehab cuz i got nailed in my nutsack

Edited by GuJuMaN89

yea i know im just saying that people that havnt served should have no say that he should of thought of this first. i remember once i was out of tae kwon do for rehab cuz i got nailed in my nutsack

559671[/snapback]

Hmm..you know, that can e applied to lots of stuff. We should carry this quote over to the Politics and Current Events forum :huh:

Guest Flashstar

QUOTE(GuJuMaN89 @ Oct 13 2005, 04:12 PM)

Hmm..you know, that can e applied to lots of stuff. We should carry this quote over to the Politics and Current Events forum huh.gif

Yeah for example, you can't say that chocolate and strawberry soft serve ice cream in France is bad if you have never been there. I must say though that cohcolate and strawberry ice cream in France is rather good because I've had it before. :P

Yeah for example, you can't say that chocolate and strawberry soft serve ice cream in France is bad if you have never been there. I must say though that cohcolate and strawberry ice cream in France is rather good because I've had it before. :P

559874[/snapback]

Objection: relevance?

JK...

Guest Flashstar
Objection: relevance?

JK...

It's called an analogy... :ph34r:

I know that, jeez I just felt like posting, if you haven't noticed its a sickness I have.

Edited by Ste

Actually, its not technically ice cream. They call it something else that starts with a g. And, yes I have been to France along with every other european country except Spain so I know what I'm talking about. hehe

They call it glace (pronounced glausay)

Analogies are the crutch which the verbally challenged makes contact with the comprehesive illiterate.

It's like telling someone how to get to the library by making three left turns, instead of one right one.

Get it?

Analogies are the crutch which the verbally challenged makes contact with the comprehesive illiterate.

It's like telling someone how to get to the library by making three left turns, instead of one right one.

Get it?

559964[/snapback]

or:

Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts--for support, not illumination