Friend Wants Out Of The Army.

General912

Ok so a few months ago My friend joined the army wanting to become airborne/ranger.. So anyways while in basic training he fractures his legs due to strees.. Several minor but still noticable fractures. Anyways he is back home now on medical leave and wants to get out. He was so excited going in.. Now he will do anything to get out. Since he has been back his attitude has change alot. It seems like he just wants to get into a fight where ever he goes. He says that the army screws with your mind hardcore and he cant take the physical and mental tourture anymore...He really wants out, he just dosent know how to do it.. He dosent want a disshonriable, even though that really dosent affect anything anymore (college, jobs etc...).. He just dosent know how to do it.. I dont know what o say to him either... Any suggestions?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if his doctors say hes really ill then he can get out besides that good luck . he signed up and he cant back out of his word just cuz he feels differently now. its called a commitment and he has to get through it

tell him to smoke a few joints and get a bad drug test. They will test him as soon as he comes back from leave. He'll get a general discharge for that. Its not as good as an honerable, but it sure beats a dishonerable discharge. Thats how a buddy of mine got out of the airforce.

I guss alot of people dont understand what they do to you. He was in tears after only 2 months.. They physicaly and mentaly break you down. Its horrible...

558350[/snapback]

They do it to prepare you for war, it's not picking flowers over there.

tell him to smoke a few joints and get a bad drug test. They will test him as soon as he comes back from leave. He'll get a general discharge for that. Its not as good as an honerable, but it sure beats a dishonerable discharge. Thats how a buddy of mine got out of the airforce.

558352[/snapback]

Nah thats a dishonrible we checked into alrady :-X...

And Gir you wrong.. They Literaly Turn you into Killing machines. They break down your emotions, the break you down physicaly to bend you to their will. Im sorry, but since he has come back he just wants to kill .. :-/

Edited by General912

Nah thats a dishonrible we checked into alrady :-X...

And Gir you wrong.. They Literaly Turn you into Killing machines. They break down your emotions, the break you down physicaly to bend you to their will. Im sorry, but since he has come back he just wants to kill .. :-/

558355[/snapback]

find an army forum online and ask them about it

The initial time in can be rough, you've just got to be tough to get through it - mentally and physically. Just remember two things:

It's mind over matter - if you don't mind, it don't matter

That which does not kill me makes me stronger

Pain is weakness leaving the body

--- is it too obvious I was in the Marines? :P

If he just quits, he'll most likely be pissed at himself for years - stick it out, and make the best of it. If he feels that his medical issues are enough to get him out, but the army doesn't think so, then how about a different MOS? There are a huge number of other jobs that I'm sure he'll qualify for, and will be much nicer to his body than infantry is.

Unless the army and airforce have different discharge policies, you need to get an updated policy. My buddy is out, I saw the papers, no dishonerable.

558359[/snapback]

haha the airforce and army have pretty different policies about everything.

but i'm a LIB!, i hope the best for your friend, at least it was a choice not a requirement unline many countries, but hopefully when he comes back he will be eased in and may not have to be in the infranty.

If it's THAT desperate, I say go with the take a couple of bong rips and fail the test. If it's worth it for him, then that's how it is.

Yeah i cant decide for him... hes got alot of thinking to do.. I just dont wana see him go back.. He is one of those guys that is always the life of stuff. He usually has a joke for just about everything.. I dunno... lol I missed him.. I just dont wana see him go back I guss..

Guest Silenc3

[edited by moderator due to various complaints]

Sadly, while the viewpoint that WAS here may have been OK, the WAY it was communicated was not...

Post deleted