Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

3000+ Venice Oc

ive done some oc'ing with past 32bit cpus but ive never gone crazy high with the fsb where i would have to mess around with voltages and timing, partly because of crappy cooling. but the venice core runs soo friggin cool, its sexy. my temps are anywhere between 27-32C depending on room temp on stock cooling w/as5!!

so, i know this puppy has potential to break 2.3 easily and my goal is to reach 2.5 eventually. ive just messed around with cpu frequency and pushed it up to 225 and it ran fine and then i made a big jump to 235 because i figured it could handle it, but i had to restart cmos.

so what do i do from here? mess with voltages on memory, cpu, or timings?

What divider were you using at 235? 10 im assuming? Try lowing your divider to 9 and pushing HTT to 250 260 270 280 until eventually one is unstable, then go back 5 mhz and try again.

Furthermore remember to drop your HT to 3x ... rule of thumb is always to keep it under 1050 for your board, most ppl say 1000 but 1050 is fine.

250x3 = 750 so there u can rock out 4x

but between 255-262 you will need to drop it to 3x... run all your o/c'ing at 2-3-3-7 1T and when you reach your max oc try and tighten the timings.

im @ 283x9 which is 2.5 ghz ddr460 @ 2-3-2-7 1T and my rig pimped.

repost any updates ! good luck

don't run your memory at 2-3-3-7... run it at 2.5-4-3-8... that's pretty much as loose as you need to go and will let you run the ram WAY faster than at 2-3-3-7... you can try tightening later on...

for my ram it's like 305 mhz vs 235mhz... sort of a big difference

just put the htt multi to 3x and forget about it...

for the vcore i've found 1.50 to 1.53v to be the best... for my ram i'm at 2.77v... you may only need 2.6v, or maybe higher, patriot do a few different sticks so i can't really tell ya...