Madd Sound System....

cypher

you can get 7.1 speakers, but they aren't made specifically for the PC

I'm not familiar with the hookups on the soundcard, but if you buy the right kind of speakers, you can hook up any kind of speakers, just get the same wattage for your satellites, simple as that...

As far as the speakers you are going to get, I would almost suggest against the z-640s in favor of the z-560s. The 560s will be able to pump a LOT more sound out than the 640s, but you have to forfeit the center channel. The 560s are also THX certified, so if you watch a lot of movies, this could be important (also if you are an audiophile). Of course, if you have a sudden change of heart and decide you are alright w/ dropping a lot more scrill order the z680s... I'm the envy (and most hated because of the sound) of my dorm... this floor and the ones above and below me =P... You can actually get them for around $240 last time I checked online. And they are LOUD and beautiful and sound so good that the first time I hooked them up, I wondered how I got them for so cheap compared to Klipsch...

Oh yea, you can also hook up an external DVD player or XBox or PS2 thru the optical and digital-coax inputs on the back of the "Brain" (SoundControl station or whatever Logitech calls it)... Anyways, just consider your application and consider what you are going to be needing down the road (these might double as my home entertainment speakers when I get an HDTV that I can get a deep enuf res to play games on)

• 3 weeks later...

if your just getting the 4.1's, go for an audigy, audigy gamer etc... the 7.1 is unecesary. Im not big on spending hundreds of dollars on sound, but 75 bucks for some quality speakers isn't that bad. BY the way i jsut saw x-men2.. kicks a$$!!! anyways, do whatever makes you happy..