Sign in to follow this  
apostolics

Thought This Was Funny

cybergrunt pointed me to this site it a funny site

Surprise Attack Surprise

2005 Darwin Award Nominee

Confirmed True by Darwin

(3 January 2005, St. Maurice, Switzerland) It was the first week of a weapons refresher course, and Swiss Army Grenadier Detachment 20/5 had just finished training with live ammunition. The shooting instructor ordered the soldiers to secure their weapons for a break.

The 24-year-old second lieutenant, in charge of this detachment, decided this would be a good time to demonstrate a knife attack on a soldier. Wielding his bayonet, he leaped toward one of his men, achieving complete surprise.

But earlier that week, the soldiers had been drilled to release the safety catch and ready their guns for firing in the shortest possible time. The surprised soldier, seeing his lieutenant leaping toward him with a knife, snapped off a shot to protect himself from the attack.

The lesson could not have been more successful: the soldier had saved himself and protected the rest of the detachment from a surprise attack. The lieutenant might have wished to commend his soldier on his quick action and accurate marksmanship. Unfortunately, he had been killed with one shot.

DarwinAwards.com

Awesome! While it may be a good idea to make sure the soldiers are well prepared and that they remember the training they recieve, it's a better idea to make sure they aren't holding a loaded rifle when you run at them...

and this further supports my theory of never bringing a knife to a gun fight, gun wins 99.99999% of the time...

yeah, that happens to me all the time, except when it happens to me, I respawn shortly thereafter...man...

I vote gun wins in a fight also! I think it might be more than 99.99% win ratio though.

Edited by oldfett