My Son's New Modded System

I do have to say that looks great with the blue and the red separated. Awesome job on the whole thing. I've been out of the modding arena for a bit since I started riding street bikes but thanks to my recent accident i'll be getting back into it. My upcoming project is modding an xbox for either linux or Mac OS X and then I want to take my old Toshiba laptop that has a broken screen and make a fun project out of it as well. Anyways, i'll be waiting to see more of your mods! Awesome job to you and Mat!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is very cool, and a nice thing to see a father son team, since i myself am a father, but it wont be father son things, for me, it will be father daughter things......painting our toenails?....lol

Well hey get proficient with the toe nails and then the natural progression will be to computer cases. It is not written in stone anywhere that modding is for guys alone!! Get after it dad.

The hardest thing about modding is the first step. That first hole we are afraid we will screw up. So, I looks a little off who cares. you had to start. And that was what really mattered. Experience will make the holes better and the paint smoother. But you have to start.

WZ

The hub was put there cuz it came from a toy truck Mat got 5 or 6 years ago. For Christmas. We had some fancy lights going and Mat set the truck right over them. I was amazed at how the light passed through the plastic chromed wheel, it was very cool. It was a red light too! Well when we were doing his case. It was nice weather so we were doing it outside on the back patio. I just happened to notice one of the axels from that truck. No truck no second axel. Just the one. Bent in half but the hubs were still good. So I cut the hub end off and stuck it on his case

I knew it would let light through it in a cool way. Hey it's modding .do what you want. Mat is 9 but will be 10 soon. He was boarn in 95. IDid my first mod sometime in the early 90's. I did not think of it as a mod however. I put a plexi-glass window in a computer case to show kids mainly what was inside there. I just used a flashlight to shine in and explain to people what was going on in there. It was an Amiga 1200 bought Brand new in 1993. Cost $1499 cuz I opted for the model with the 40mb hard disc. Hey it was 32bit and at the time it was very cool

It soon became evident that we would all have to one day move over to the IBM based side. That's what used to be refered to the Darkside in computing. I went from Amigas to IBM based pentiums in the mid 90's.Amigas were much faster. But with the internet taking offyou needed IBM based systems to take advantage of it. Bought my first computer home build kit in 1979. you had to solder virtually everything in back then It was junk!! bought a Tandy TRS80 all I ever did with it was play chess. Hey even on the early Amigas if you wanted more ram you had to be able to solder. When the Pentium 100 came out then the 133. you could see that they were going to make it. Hell when the 233's came out and people were paying $2700 for a 233 system. It was nuts. Look how cheap they are today.

Enough Yakking here are his specs............

Epox 4PDA2+Ver.2 Motherboard 3.0C processor, 2 x 256 megs G.Skill 4400LE.

PNY 6800GT Vid card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 audio, 2 x120 gig maxtor HDD's in Raid0 array. Zalman HS/Fan. Logysis 500 watt psu. NEC DVD-rom, Pioneer AO5 DVD-Writer.4x 80mm case fans, 2 x 92mm case fans.

Hear is his current CPU-Z and Sandra. He wants to gice it a few days for the AS-5 to jell then turn it up some more. I was surprised he was running this high already.

On his desktop, that is Nicole, the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls. And yes he wants her. don't cha'

WZ

Edited by weldzilla

Its a shame I waited so long to check this thread out. Great job, and extra points for it being done with your kid :)

Nice to see another epox fan too - Those debug panels are worth their weight in gold!

Oh, and that red is just about EXACTLY the same red as the one I used for my case too(inside and parts of the outside). Is it the automotive red spray paint that comes in a white and blue can from discount auto parts?