1100 Watt Power Supply

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they must be crazy to think that i would pay for a 1yr warranty that should be standard. and also they make you pay to have it stress tested and voltage tested i would be pissed if i knew they shipped stuff with out even checking it fiirst. i guess thats why u plug in a new psu and all of a sudden poooof all your cicuits are dead.

553208[/snapback]

That is just Frozen CPU trying to make money. The Power Supply already comes with a 5 year warrantee and is already tested at the factory. However, it is possible that something could happen during shipping...

bah theres no such thing as over kill especially if u have the money.

553368[/snapback]

So true, so true. But you have to say that for a regular gaming rig, 1100 watts is HUGE overkill. But Kamikaze_Badger is also right, its way too much for a regular rig.

Yea, there is.

It's called overvoltage. And trust me, your graphics card likes a steady +12 volt rail, not a +17 volt rail.

PCP&C made a mistake by releasing the 850w to the enthusiast community, because of the overvoltage issues. It was designed for servers, not for gaming systems. Now, I wouldn't mind having one, but only if I was running three VPCs from it, and some Crossfired X1800XT PEs, OC'd to the MAX. Otherwise, you may actually fry your hardware over.

Is this CM stacker BTX format? How else would you put a power supply at the bottom of the case without it interfering with the motherboard? Is there like a compartement under the case or something?

553207[/snapback]

OT/

No it comes set up an an ATX box but has a place for a power supply at either the top or bottom. You can take it apart and reassemble the case in BTX format if you want - some assembly required (instuctions included).

/OT

OT/

No it comes set up an an ATX box but has a place for a power supply at either the top or bottom.  You can take it apart and reassemble the case in BTX format if you want - some assembly required (instuctions included).

/OT

554015[/snapback]

Ha, Ill have to look into that, I've kinda fallen in love witht the idea of two power supplies in your case.