1100 Watt Power Supply

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody seen this yet, I want to know what you guys think about this: ---> Click Click <---. I want it for the next rig I build  :P , or maybe to replace the Tt one I have right now, but that would kinda be overkill wouldn't it  :lol:  ?

553178[/snapback]

omg a 1KW PSU they have gone mad!!!!

dude u could power 2 highend rigs off of that, i would just get a 510wt PC P&C because by the time rigs actually NEED that much power, there MIGHT be another standard coming out by then...

omg a 1KW PSU they have gone mad!!!!

dude u could power 2 highend rigs off of that, i would just get a 510wt PC P&C because by the time rigs actually NEED that much power, there MIGHT be another standard coming out by then...

553190[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it, but for a moment I thought that I just not been there when this info was being passed out. I was like w00t!!! 1100W...and two words came to my mind: overkill....and cheese!

Thats a nice idea too. Having dual power supplies...what cases support 2 power supplies in them, I've never seen them before, are there cases specifically designed so that two power supplies can be used?

553183[/snapback]

The original CM Stacker allows you to mount the PSU at the top or the bottom - no reason why you couldn't do both if you were so inclined.

The original CM Stacker allows you to mount the PSU at the top or the bottom - no reason why you couldn't do both if you were so inclined.

553203[/snapback]

Is this CM stacker BTX format? How else would you put a power supply at the bottom of the case without it interfering with the motherboard? Is there like a compartement under the case or something?

they must be crazy to think that i would pay for a 1yr warranty that should be standard. and also they make you pay to have it stress tested and voltage tested i would be pissed if i knew they shipped stuff with out even checking it fiirst. i guess thats why u plug in a new psu and all of a sudden poooof all your cicuits are dead.

Yeah, but $500 is nothing to laugh at for a power supply. I'd rather use the dual-power supply idea. Some people's computers cost what that one power supply costs :P . I though one of my friends was going to have a heart attack upon hearing I was going to buy 2 graphic cards at more than $500 each (him having no experience with computers of course :glare: )

What part of SSI do you people not grasp?

This is designed for high end servers that suck up huge amounts of power, used to run massive RAIDs and quad dual core CPUs with more RAM then you have hard drive space.

And, according to another member, the 850w had an overvolt problem with the 12v rail. +/-5v ends up being +5 volts, and that's more power then you're going to want. Like I said, if you have a RAID of ten drives, then it'll bring it down some. Also, through in some SLI'd $12k+ workstation cards.