do you think its ok to cry while watching a movie  

82 members have voted

1. 1. do you think its ok to cry while watching a movie

• yes
    • no
    • depens on the movie
    • depends whos with me
    • am i gonna score if i do???

I voted "No". It is silly to get emotional over a movie because it is just a movie. Now getting tear eyed over a real life emotional situation is fine and expected, but crying over a movie is just plain rediculous. IMO

552123[/snapback]

i agree with that, yet that last option is tempting....

Here are the only reasons I think you should cry at a movie:

-Something like My Dog Skip where something bad happens to a loveable animal (I saw this when I was like 7 and I was crying at the end it was so sad :( )

-Some sort of super emotional movie with all sorts of stuff that hooks you onto a character then something bad happens to said character

-Movies based off of real life stuff you lived through (like this one movie I saw about Pinochet and the military coup, that would probably bring tears from people who lived through that)

-Things like Band of Brothers where it is a manly cry for your fellow man who dies in the line of duty :P

i get teary-eyed for tv shows more than movies probably. Most likely because I become more invested in them by tuning in each week, so sometimes it's like they're a "second family"

lol so i'm gay cause i cry getting into movies? dang i didn't know.

for those of you who say it itsn't real, so why get emotional - that sucks that all of you can't laugh at comedies cause they ain't real. i enjoy those too. you can't just pick one emotion and say since a movie isn't real you shouldn't react... that's retarded. you get into drama n crap, laugh at comedies, you gotta have a wide range of emotions..

yes i cry in movies, often - but i like tig ole bitties too. wtf.

Hotel Rwanda got to me, one of those movies that made me go "man..."

As I recall, I didnt lose vision clarity from tears, but I didnt feel much like eating because what people did and do can just make you sick

for those of you who say it itsn't real, so why get emotional - that sucks that all of you can't laugh at comedies cause they ain't real. i enjoy those too. you can't just pick one emotion and say since a movie isn't real you shouldn't react... that's retarded. you get into drama n crap, laugh at comedies, you gotta have a wide range of emotions..

552406[/snapback]

excellent point

Green Mile brings a tear to my eye :(

Thats it really

Its ok to be sad during a movie just nothing over board

Edited by bitchplz